All HREW and flux core, yet less ghetto than before

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

themoneypit

Jul 30, 2018
Missouri
Looks good dude. Is that the RCI wedge cell?

I experience environmental disaster spills like that all the fucking time. Looks like my goddamn concrete has vitiligo.

Yep, 26 gallon RCI wedge. Not a ton of capacity, but bigger than stock at least. And luckily the guy before me had already gone full Picasso on the floor with all kinds of paint and fluids, so I'm just adding to the art project at this point.

Reactions: Turboyota

oorracing

<span style="color: orange;">DR Mod</span>
Jan 15, 2006
Long Beach Ca
Definitely make sure you plug the top caps and move the resi port location down to the bottom of the shock. The port should be even with the compression tube flow ports at the bottom of the shock. It will make a HUGE gain in performance and actually allow you to feel the bump zone without having to run 500psi in the shocks lol.

As for clearance on the bypass tube adjusters, once setup and dialed in those tubes shouldn’t be more than 4-5 turns out from fully closed anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

themoneypit

Jul 30, 2018
Missouri
As for clearance on the bypass tube adjusters, once setup and dialed in those tubes shouldn’t be more than 4-5 turns out from fully closed anyways
I'll double check this when I get the coilovers in hand to work on the shock mounts. I'd definitely prefer to mount them traditionally. And you're right, I set all of the bypass tubes at full open to start. Once the tubes are back at a more reasonable adjustment, it will definitely help clearance.

themoneypit

Jul 30, 2018
Missouri
Got the fuel cell mount mostly complete and was pretty happy with it overall. Cell clears the spare and the through-wheel filler would work just fine.

Got to this point though and realized that I completely forgot to keep ground clearance in mind.

The fuel cell mount is the lowest point on the back half of the chassis by ~3 inches. All that is keeping it from dragging at full bump is ~4 inches of tire squish. Any nose-high landing pretty much guarantees that I'll be dragging the ass of the truck. I guess I get to cut it off and make a new one tomorrow. As usual, I fully welded it before I realized the issue.

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Boringsville
I like to keep the bottom of the cell at or above to bottom of the pumpkin at full bump. Also, how close is it to the diff? Needs to be about an inch away.

themoneypit

Jul 30, 2018
Missouri
Also easier to put on larger tires than redoing the mount. Just throwin that out there.
Shit, you're right. It's time for 40s.

But nah, I'll cut it off tomorrow. I measured and the cell mount hangs 6 inches lower then the bottom of the diff at full bump. I can't quite make it even, but I can raise it ~4.5" without redesigning too much. Will be MUCH better than it is now.

littlebird

Feb 26, 2019
NY
One of my personal favorite aspects of prerunners is seeing the truss-like tube work suspended well above the bed line as it can be one of the most distinctive aspects of a truck, but I also think that the bed cages that partially peak over the bed line look horrendous. In sum, I understand all your efforts to keep everything below the glass.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds