All HREW and flux core, yet less ghetto than before

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

themoneypit

Jul 30, 2018
Missouri
Finished lowering the rear of the cab floor, which leaves the frame rails poking into the cab a bit. Welded up the remaining random holes in the cab as well. Cab floor is a patchwork mess. I definitely see why people just cut the floor out entirely and fill it back in later.

Just need to get the cab to a-pillar gussets under the dash in place, and I think I'll be pretty much done with the cab metalwork.

themoneypit

Jul 30, 2018
Missouri
I'll be back to working on the truck very soon. Installing a heater, fixing the insulation, and finishing the walls in the garage this weekend. Stops me from pussing out and not working on the truck because its "too cold" over the winter.

Already wired the extra 30 amp circuit, and reviews say this thing will keep a two car garage plenty comfortable.

themoneypit

Jul 30, 2018
Missouri
Very minor update, but 3/9 water pump bolts had been broken since I got the engine. It wasn't leaking, so I hadn't bothered to fix it during the swap. The outermost bolt shanks were seized absolutely solid in the timing cover. After heating and beating failed, I persuaded the cover to release via an angle grinder.

Cleaned up the cover afterward, and every new bolt will get slathered liberally with anti-seize. Outer holes aren't fully supported, but I see no real issue considering there was no bolt present at all for years.

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds