And Another One (Major Key Alert) - La Puerca Plata

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

J4Roe

Chair Donkey
Sep 23, 2020
Phoenix
Speaker Update for anyone with a first gen Sequoia and possibly applies to Tundra. Factory JBL speakers foam around the cone dry rots over time and the speaker sounds blown. It's not. I popped off the door panels and our foam is intact. The foam delaminated from the plastic housing. Or metal whichever it is. I popped off the top plastic ring and decided since it looked pretty good to hit it with FLEX SEAL and then after that semi cures I will then use Marine GOOP or silicone cauk to re-attach these plastic top rings. I really think this is going to work and not be completely GHETTO AF!

smokeysevin

is Ron Burgundy?
Dec 28, 2012
Houston
I have some spidertrax hubcentric wheel spacers that just need a replacement stud. I also have some assembled crusty 5100s that may or may not still be good up in my attic...

Sean

Reactions: J4Roe

J4Roe

Chair Donkey
Sep 23, 2020
Phoenix
I have some spidertrax hubcentric wheel spacers that just need a replacement stud. I also have some assembled crusty 5100s that may or may not still be good up in my attic...

Sean
Sorry Sean, site was down for me yesterday. Thanks I really appreciate it but because we're on this time crunch to have this thing proper enough to drive by next Friday, a week from today, I didn't want to take any chance of cutting it close and already ordered everything through Amazon.

I received the 1.5" lift spacer (keeping it minimal as possible). I really don't want to go up to 2" or certainly not anything above 2" because then a whole NOTHER Can O Worms, nadanotha??? Nobody say nadanotha like you say nadanotha... (assistant pimp voice How High). I definitely don't want to have to go down this route of diff drop and hi cv's and all this BS. Just need to necessitate the 33's.

I'm also supposed to get the wheel spacers today... I would be out there right now starting to tackle the suspension lift BUT some crackhead or heads stole my fucking floor jack a couple of weeks ago. I bought a new one on Amazon for $80. Speaking of that, how TF is a steel jack weigh less than an aluminum one???? I thought that's why everyone goes aluminum because they're lighter??????? This 3ton with 20 5/8 max lift height weighs 45 lbs vs the two aluminum jacks that were $250 weighed 56 and 61 respectively...

I decided that I absolutely can NOT splurge right now on anything. Bare minimum. Just get the job done style for a little bit. So, new jack arrives today or else I'd have already started this CURSING FEST outside.... FUCK ,,,, MOTHER FUCKER.... YOU'VE GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME?! Or my favorite that my dad taught me, YOU BITCH, ARE YOU FIST FUCKING ME???!!!!!!!!!

J4Roe

Chair Donkey
Sep 23, 2020
Phoenix
HOW MENTAL IS MY CLEAR COAT????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holly shit!!!!! This SHINE ARMOR ceramic top coat is NO JOKE... I guess that's why it's $30 for 8oz...

So for any fellow DR PIMPS (no assistant pimps) that have been following, that was 3 cut and polish jobs with the Meguires and then immediate seal of the clear coat with Shine Armor ceramic top coat to get it where it is today. The hood was the worst part of the entire truck and I believe I have resuscitated that shit... brought it back from the dead. I think I could cut the hood one or two more times and it would be back to 10/10 top coat.

What do you PIMPS think???? Anyone else out there OCD when it comes to paint condition????

J4Roe

Chair Donkey
Sep 23, 2020
Phoenix
Does anyone know if the stock UCA's can be cut and turned??? I noticed the stock ball joint angle is shit and wondered if the stock upper can be cut or sectioned and the square piece around the ball joint be turned up and or can the arms be extended an inch so there isn't as much steep angle on the ball joint?????

I was out there yesterday cycling the front because we had some 285/70/17's installed and it was rubbing pretty bad past 1/4 input. I started thinking about homemade LT using stock arms that have been cut and plated. I would assume the same applies for the top?

Pics to come...

J4Roe

Chair Donkey
Sep 23, 2020
Phoenix
Lil pup grew up. 2" taller in the front with the spacer lift. Now I think the front is a tad higher than the back so I need to address that because I don't want the bro lean. One inch in the back might make it perfect.

We ended up not getting tires through my guy because he was being non responsive and taking forever so we went to Discount. They could get Toyo Open Country AT3 either next day or max two days but they had the BFG KO2's in stock. I used to be avid BFG AT and it was the only tire I had ever run. I said F it and decided to go back to BFG for this rig. So we ended up with 285/70/17 BFG AT KO2. Surprisingly, they're almost as tall as my 65-70% remaining tread 35's on my truck.

The tires did rub like a mother fucker on the way home from Discount. Anything more than a 1/4 to 1/3 input and the tires were hitting the mud flaps and subsequent pinch seam of the cab. I busted out the trusty HERO CUT and fucking became a god damn hero and cut that shit out like a straight boss. I still have to spray some bed liner on that area but the 33's are clearing @ full bump, full cock, I mean lock.

All in all super happy with the initial look. That should satisfy the ego until I can buy some Kings bro and make some uppers.

Joe

@ Discount before the lift

Rubbing with 1/4 -1/3 input

You got to CUT IT...

Spacer

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds