And Another One (Major Key Alert) - La Puerca Plata

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

smokeysevin

is Ron Burgundy?
Dec 28, 2012
Houston
Smash back or cut the corner of that pinch weld, tire fit on the seq/tundra are suuuuper picky about alignment.

Running aftermarket ucas will change the upper control arm ball join position. You can chop the pinch weld back quite a bit, I cut it back flush with the flat section at the bottom where the rubber bung/drain is in the picture labled "got eeeeem". Then cut some relief cuts in the wheel well itself and flatten that back. I was kind of conservative on how much I chopped mine but I didn't want to push the wheelwell back into the cab much more than I did. If you knock it back much more, it changes the position/angle of the "dead pedal" which feels weird once you are used to the fit.

If you cut and weld, make sure you pull the foam out of the corner area or you will set your shit on fire.

It is really hard to get halfway decent pics of this since its dirty black herculiner inside a wheel well. My tires are 295/75/16 on 16x8s with 4.5" bs. They rub frame at full lock but nowhere on the fenders or cab. Height wise, I probably could have fit a 315/75/16 but with 4.56 gears it would have been more of a dog and would have required spacers to keep it off the frame.

Sean

J4Roe

Chair Donkey
Sep 23, 2020
Phoenix
Not vehicle related but we got to go out to this island 22 miles from Rocky Point and pry about 10 miles or so off the coast. Finally got to swim with the sea lions after 22 years going to Rocky Point. It was pretty cool...

J4Roe

Chair Donkey
Sep 23, 2020
Phoenix
Smash back or cut the corner of that pinch weld, tire fit on the seq/tundra are suuuuper picky about alignment.

Running aftermarket ucas will change the upper control arm ball join position. You can chop the pinch weld back quite a bit, I cut it back flush with the flat section at the bottom where the rubber bung/drain is in the picture labled "got eeeeem". Then cut some relief cuts in the wheel well itself and flatten that back. I was kind of conservative on how much I chopped mine but I didn't want to push the wheelwell back into the cab much more than I did. If you knock it back much more, it changes the position/angle of the "dead pedal" which feels weird once you are used to the fit.

If you cut and weld, make sure you pull the foam out of the corner area or you will set your shit on fire.

It is really hard to get halfway decent pics of this since its dirty black herculiner inside a wheel well. My tires are 295/75/16 on 16x8s with 4.5" bs. They rub frame at full lock but nowhere on the fenders or cab. Height wise, I probably could have fit a 315/75/16 but with 4.56 gears it would have been more of a dog and would have required spacers to keep it off the frame.

Sean
Nice, thanks for the pics and tips. Right now it's not rubbing at full lock full bump but obviously as you noted that would pry change after UCA's. I plan on finishing the tub job and then bed liner it but just needed it done enough for Mechico. I also needed/need to do this on my truck. I basically just beat the shit out of the truck with the BFH and called it good but it looks like shit and I'm guessing the pinch seam is not sealed any longer and pry leaking water into the cab or was. I think that's why the stock floor deadner came off without dry ice or any other gimmick. It was super brittle....

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds