Any Old School Nissan Guys out there?

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

CoalPowerrd

Mar 16, 2019
Oceanside
Hey whats up? i currently just came up on a 95 Hardbody pre-runner. Normally, i'm a Toyota guy, but a trucks a truck and this thing had too many goodies for me to pass up.

Long story short the truck was bought with cage about 4 years ago and was driven until 2017. Previous owner didn't like the front end set up and had it sent to a shop. Once the truck got to the shop the "fabricator" chopped the whole engine cage off up to the firewall along with the crossmember for the radiator support, and the truck sat for 2 years. After spending too many dollars and time on the truck my buddy was over it, and i couldn't let the thing get scrapped. I have a few questions for anyone out there who has some knowledge about these hardbody trucks.

The truck came with a front end kit of its own, and from the research i've done it looks like a knock off of the old kit that total chaos made for these trucks which isn't bad considering is came with all uniballs, heim pieces, and limit straps. The only thing that's missing is the center brace that the link piece for the LCA mounts to. I plan on fabricating this myself down the road. My only concern is the ride height for the front end. I've been looking for lift spindles for this model and can't find any. I heard that 1st gen frontier parts fit this truck, and also that T100 spindles will work as well. Can anyone confirm this, or am i going to have to just start from scratch? Can anyone direct me towards some people in the know about these trucks? Any input would be appreciated, thanks. Also, i'm new to the forum so Hi to everyone
image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image5.jpeg
image3.jpeg
image4.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image5.jpeg
image3.jpeg
image4.jpeg

NODNARB

Mega Member
Aug 18, 2004
Rancho Cucamonga
www.btf-fabrication.com
Paging jimmybaja...

Looks like a decent start. I don’t know if any of those spindles are a bolt on deal but I seriously doubt the geometry is right from Toyota to that. If you’re going to make your own spindles I’d start off with the generic snout blocks available for race hubs that have a 12x4” bolt circle. You can run older Chevy k5 blazer hubs with bolt on snouts and keep the 6x5.5 bolt pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: GahnRacing

CoalPowerrd

Mar 16, 2019
Oceanside
Paging jimmybaja...

Looks like a decent start. I don’t know if any of those spindles are a bolt on deal but I seriously doubt the geometry is right from Toyota to that. If you’re going to make your own spindles I’d start off with the generic snout blocks available for race hubs that have a 12x4” bolt circle. You can run older Chevy k5 blazer hubs with bolt on snouts and keep the 6x5.5 bolt pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good tip, thank you. I do want to keep the same lug pattern truck came with an extra set of wheels as well.

CoalPowerrd

Mar 16, 2019
Oceanside
COLE! you bought eedds nissan! HELL YA. get that thing going!

Obviously that wack shop didnt finish and let the truck go. Glad your working on it now. YEEEEE
What up David! Ya i don't know what those guys were thinking but luckily i saved it before it got sent to the scrapyard. Gotta bring it back to the glory days. It still has the number on it from Tuff Trucks too that's wild :LOL:

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds