Anyone have experience with Bilstein 9100 Coil Overs

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

fallensk8man89

Sep 19, 2011
Hey guys! I'm running a set of 2.65" x 17" 9100 coilovers on the front of my beamed F-150 and need some advice. It's getting time to rebuild them and I'd like to make some valving changes as well. For now, this is just a play truck, but I may race this truck in the future.

I know that Bilstein is known for manufacturing quality shocks, but the inexpensive price tag on these particular shocks makes me question there quality. Additionally, finding parts for these shocks is a bit tedious and people that are willing to work on them are even harder to find. The dual rate sliders are cracking and need replaced and the dual rate collars are in bad shape as well.

I'm wondering if it is worth it to rebuild/revalve these shocks, or just sell them and get a set of Fox coilovers. I do plan on adding bypass shocks in the future, which will be Fox.

My questions are, would it be best to spent the money and rebuilt these billies and rock them until I add the bypass's in the future and then run them as coilover?

Or should I just sell these and replace them with a set of Fox's?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

orbot

Mr WTF.
Nov 8, 2007
Chula Vista
Las time i had bilsteins i went directly to them in poway san diego county and they rebuilt mine

After that a second set was rebuilt by downsouthmotorsports in san diego as well

Good shocks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bertismyname

Bertismyname

Oct 1, 2018
San Diego
I dont know where you are at but bilstein has a great return and warranty policy. Even stock replacement shocks that have been cooked will be replaced or rebuilt if you are willing to wait a few days. I would rebuild them. I do t know why they fell out of favor in the off road scene. They used to be at the top of the pile.

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds