Anyone interested in budget racing anymore?

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register
May 22, 2007
FONTANA, CA
www.camburg.com
Budget friendly means Mid-size trucks with:
Engine: anything that came in that chassis
Transmission: open game
Front suspension: Mid-travel kits w/ max 11” travel
Rear suspension: Any leafs spring-over axle
Shocks: max 3.0” but single shock per corner
Tires: max 33” due to stock steering/stock hubs

This setup is better than getting beat up in a Class 11 or 9 car. Three local MORE races in Barstow and call it a year!

oorracing

<span style="color: orange;">DR Mod</span>
Jan 15, 2006
Long Beach Ca
Again, nobody will ever agree upon an open ended set of rules. OP should make a post or somehow create a series of yes/no polls for people to vote on, majority rules.

I think a good set of rules to loosely use as a baseline would be the old Jeepspeed class rules. The OG rules were established so the jeeps has to remain street compliant and plated, they had windshields, stock mirrors, all lights working, etc etc. stock leaf pivots, stock front suspension pivots, single 2.5” bypass OR 3.0” smooth body per wheel, 33” max tire height, the engines were supposed to be stock bottom end (or maybe it was .010 over? In case you blew one up) etc And i believe they were limited to 10” front travel and 12” rear (Which May be hard to verify with a arm and i beam applications)

Example:
-33” or 35”s max tire size
-Open front suspension or limited
-Open leaf springs or stock front pivot on leaf springs
-4cl or v6? Must come with from factory
-Shock size/quantity restrictions??
-Track Width restrictions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
^^^Short course links with max 18” stroke shocks mounted off the axle would be the only thing I’d change from Kevin’s proposed rules.

Bertismyname

Oct 1, 2018
San Diego
Stock main leaf in rear. Bastard pack or mini pack o.k. it's easy to spot a stock or mass produced main leaf. The front eyes are almost always centered instead of on top. Dimensions for stock main leaf is easy to look up. Plus they are usually super thick. Stock hangars. Either riveted or bolted ( replaced due to being destroyed.)

I like the idea of stripping a stock truck adding a cage and driving the wheels off of it.

Reactions: Horunner

oorracing

<span style="color: orange;">DR Mod</span>
Jan 15, 2006
Long Beach Ca
Stock main leaf in rear. Bastard pack or mini pack o.k. it's easy to spot a stock or mass produced main leaf. The front eyes are almost always centered instead of on top. Dimensions for stock main leaf is easy to look up. Plus they are usually super thick. Stock hangars. Either riveted or bolted ( replaced due to being destroyed.)

I like the idea of stripping a stock truck adding a cage and driving the wheels off of it.
Stock leafs won’t hold up very long, the eyelets will open up and without a second military wrap, you’re gonna have a bad time lol Heck I’ve seen triple wrapped front pivots on leafs open up after a 400 mile race to the point the bushing was gone and it egged out the bolts and accompanying holes. Granted, this was on a Class 2000 truck that could go over 90 down the access road in Barstow (not smoothed out, but how it currently is) and would consistent put a hurting on linked trucks.

I like the idea of allowing short course style links in the rear because it would be cheaper to maintain and prep, and low cost is part of this budget class riiiiight?

Brandon_Charley

OG Member
Dec 4, 2006
Huntington Beach
I am more or less in if other folks are. I have no cash now, but if you aren't racing until next year, then I think I could make that.

I'm even watching a specific truck that would be perfect, just needs toobs.

That’s exactly why I thought loors mini stock/ score stock mini rules would be good to follow. They’re already written. Maybe ditch the full bed retention rule and that’s it.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds