Anyone know of any off-road trails near Fallbrook?

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Klever

Aug 21, 2008
Anyone know of any off-road trails near Fallbrook? Truck is a street legal prerunner not jeep 4x4 stuff. Still too hot to drag it out to the desert.

Klever

Aug 21, 2008
True! There is the Ortega Highway trail but it is shut down. Damn summer and COVID ha ha.

I did a trail in Anza but followed my buddy and I don't remember where it starts.

Also if anyone knows GPS' really well...I would love to have you over for pizza and beers to show me how to work the damn things or if you're local I can bring it there (PCI is always so busy) I need one/one help. They are loaded with PCI stuff but I suck at technology and can't seem to figure them out. They are a little older but not ancient.

Klever

Aug 21, 2008
Ha ha I tried that and Google Earth too.

I have no idea what GAIA app nor do I have an iPad.

Love the pro tip! I work from home though, so....hahah

stevyboy

Oct 12, 2010
Long Beach
www.youtube.com
The Truck Trail behind Palomar is the only one I have found local. I haven't been on it yet because it's closed a lot. I think it's open right now though. Takes you from just outside of Temecula off of the 79 and then back to the 79 further east into Holcomb Valley. You could then run around to the 76 and stop at Josie's Hideout Saloon for lunch. Wouldn't be a fast trail as I think there are a lot of corners with potential traffic but somewhere to go! I've been meaning to give it a shot in our Diesel just to get out on a weekend but haven't found the time.

Reactions: ljubera0250

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Easton, KS
If your on a bike, you can poach the trail that goes from the north side of palomar along the west side of henshaw past the old work camp. Fun ride. Hikers can be bitchs. You can also get from the top of the hill on the north side over to the south side by the fire station. Would not recommend stopping and chatting.

If you up in anza, be aware of the res's, they can be unfriendly to the white devils.

Reactions: ucd baja

Klever

Aug 21, 2008
Thanks guys! Yeah I guess I just need to go out and venture. But I want to drive from my house versus towing it. It is street legal but very loud and gets about 4mpg lol

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds