Apple Valley—>Big Bear—>Angelus Oaks—>Yucaipa

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

S00TLYFE

Ron Mexico
Oct 5, 2014
Buena Park, Commiefornia
I’ve had it mapped for quite awhile. I want to run Rattlesnake Canyon at the same time—once it’s not 100goddamndegrees, of course.

I’m totally down for day trips right now—get up early, get a bunch of dirt therapy, head back home in the early afternoon and spend time with my sweet daughter.
let me know when you guys do go, im not traveling EVERY week for work anymore i can swing it, been wanting to do rattlesnake too

dose

Jan 4, 2018
Mammoth Lakes CA
I want to start planning Cal City or Ridgecrest to Mammoth Via Dirt.
I’ve done mammoth to ridgecrest in my last prerunner truck (Going to post pictures of it next night shift) and it was a LONG DAY.
There used to be a narrow gauge railroad through the valley and we followed that.
It’s 3+ hours on the highway so at least double on the dirt.
The good thing is it parallels 395 so you can get gas, food, or AAA along the way if needed.

desert_steve

Oct 21, 2007
phelan, ca
I’ve done mammoth to ridgecrest in my last prerunner truck (Going to post pictures of it next night shift) and it was a LONG DAY.
There used to be a narrow gauge railroad through the valley and we followed that.
It’s 3+ hours on the highway so at least double on the dirt.
The good thing is it parallels 395 so you can get gas, food, or AAA along the way if needed.

We've done the same thing/trip a few times over the years. Always had a great time. We jump back and forth over 395 to check out various sights and/or to camp. It usually takes us 2 - 3 days to make it all the way up to mono lake, then camp up off Tioga pass and try to do a little fishing. I made trip reports on here, not sure if the pictures survived the DR re-birth from a couple of yrs ago though.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds