bad wheel bearings

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Drayke

Always Baja Bound
Jan 29, 2007
Torrance
the wiggle test is the best indicator.
While you're driving around putting miles down, if you start to feel like your front end is really loosey goosey over bumps & potholes and whatnot then that would be a sign to do the wiggle test.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
with those things... every time I stopped i did the ole wiggle test!

eventually you just pull the snout thru.

and i had some of those plastic caged bearings on my old 98 F150. (those are tiny too) scared the crap out of me. So I bought some steel ones. But they were from CHI-NUH

Reactions: Danger Ranger SD

armrunner

OG Member
Feb 12, 2006
Bakersfield, CA
it is indeed the same ranger. and i wouldnt be surprised to find out having -15 degrees of camber was causing some kind of uneven wear to the bearings lol. i was just really trying not to drop more money on it tho especially with my LT kit being ready to pickup in 4 weeks. are you talking dana spindles or just the hub/bearing assemblies. i really havent looked much into it and i would have no idea where to start for which parts to buy for my LT kit
What kit did you order?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danger Ranger SD

supercharged sleepy slut
Aug 24, 2019
san diego
the wiggle test is the best indicator.
While you're driving around putting miles down, if you start to feel like your front end is really loosey goosey over bumps & potholes and whatnot then that would be a sign to do the wiggle test.
lol if only i wouldve known this a few weeks ago. suspension felt fucked before the accident

Reactions: Heer-O

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds