Baja 500

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Travisfab

Staff member
Aug 21, 2003
San Diego
Who's heading down? Planning on watching at RM35ish & then heading over to the coast to Erindira or Colonet

charlie_brown

OG Member
Aug 10, 2004
OC/BAJA
my daughter and i stayed at coyote cals a few days before the race. went to glorias for some food. thought about you but dont know where your place is down there. we were down for 9 days

bajadog

Aug 25, 2018
pomona
got home yesterday, was lazy and watched race in front of castro's camp at the y-turn to go to the hostel.
go right for hostel, go left to my place. got to meet dave cole
he rented a place from a buddy, robbie gordon came over thursday night for about an hour.
hung out at the bulletproof diesel house and everything that goes with it.....great people, super friendly.

did a little pre running got stuck in the silt by the beach north of the hostel, roads were in such bad shape, never seen it that bad.

bfg did tire testing monday, working with bulletproof diesel as base and storage for 30 sets of tires. justin lofton was there and a couple others

race action kinda slow and so spread out at mile 420, the partying started early, i was done by nine, but up early to watch last couple cars come thru..

weather- overcast/partly cloudy
comms/entertainment/music/pics- none smashed phone first day
beverages- cokes, water and gatorade
food- mexican
smoke- og fire
wrong directions given- 2
insults hurled- consistently

on another note i had wedding to attend memorial weekend otherwise i would've went you guys on memorial and just stayed till race

Last edited:

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds