Best way to build a 1st Gen Tacoma with long travel

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Gamble_23

Jul 31, 2020
Castle Rock, Washington
Hey guys I’m new here and was just wondering what kinda set ups y’all did and what the do’s and Don’t’s are I bought a new block the 3.4 got it out of a 95 T100 I stripped it down this week and am going to take it to the machine shop and see what I need to order for a rebuild and how to set up my suspension I have the level kit right now and hate the ride quality any help or insight is greatly appreciated !

Attachments

Reactions: ljubera0250

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
I have always wanted to dabble in this sort of set up so just looking to build it right not half done. So whatever it cost as long as I’m getting the right setup.
thats more of a fully immerse yourself into the prerunner culture than just dabbling in it. Since you want it done right, you’ll probably be paying someone to do the work, so I’d estimate $40,000 parts and labor

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
This hobby is addictive, expensive, dumb, risky, and fucking awesome.

If you do all the work yourself you can save tens of thousands, if you don’t have the fabrication and design skills, Bodj’s $40K number will make sure you aren’t the slowest kid on the block, but you certainly will not be the fastest.

Good luck. Buy a BTF kit and drop panties and slam beers.

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Yucaipa, CA
This hobby is addictive, expensive, dumb, risky, and fucking awesome.

If you do all the work yourself you can save tens of thousands, if you don’t have the fabrication and design skills, Bodj’s $40K number will make sure you aren’t the slowest kid on the block, but you certainly will not be the fastest.

Good luck. Buy a BTF kit and drop panties and slam beers.
Don’t forget about how fast a truck snowballs into something more than you thought it would be. Addictive is an understatement.

Gamble_23

Jul 31, 2020
Castle Rock, Washington
I like the look and just everything about them. It’s more for a daily driver and hunting and going down to Utah. I want a good set up but I don’t need to be 40k deep. I’m a heavy equipment mechanic and I do almost all of the welding for my company so I have access to a lot of tools and equipment. I was looking to do it myself cuase to me that’s half the fun is building something like that. It’s not fun for me to pay someone to work on my truck. I just wanna know the specs on stuff and why it is that way and what’s the best way. Or even what you need to look for when your deciding how to set it up. And just parts wise what to use I have a lot of questions to figure out before I can start my set up so anything helps! Just trying to soak up some knowledge I know I’m not your typical guy with deep pockets to just throw that kinda money at it right now. I have the tools and the time and equipment just need some know how. But I appreciate the input on the feed !

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds