Betty

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

maxwell279

Expert Member
Jan 2, 2012
Lakeside, CA
www.instagram.com
I was just gonna say.. with my caveman tools... i'd probably try hole sawing out the rosette's! Bust out the 1/2" wrist breaker and bust some guts homie. lol

but I also don't really have the tools to put the new one in straight. so there is that problem too.
I don’t have the tools or know how to get the thing in straight but I know some people who do. Just gonna do most of the grunt work I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mikey09120

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
if it were me, id just take a punch and get it as centered as possible in the center of the rosett weld then run a slightly over sized rota broach bit through it. its just a rosett. all it needs to be is a circle.

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
if it were me, id just take a punch and get it as centered as possible in the center of the rosett weld then run a slightly over sized rota broach bit through it. its just a rosett. all it needs to be is a circle.
I don't think he's worried about drilling the hole straight... I think he's talking about pressing in his new snouts

Reactions: maxwell279

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
just looked up the annular cutters. Looks like a fancy holesaw! hahha. You guys would die if you saw my tools. Right now my wrist breaker's cord is pig tailed together... with blue painters tape, cuz I couldn't find my electrical tape. lolz

And yea, if you do the wrist breaker... be prepared to feel like you went to a sparring class on leg kicks to the gut day... and you managed to get the biggest baddest mo fo there! heeeyaaaaaa

Reactions: TotalPozerRaceing

maxwell279

Expert Member
Jan 2, 2012
Lakeside, CA
www.instagram.com
Welp. Looks like I’m just gonna bite the bullet and build a burg housing. And step up to 40 spline axles at the same time.. And the snow ball continues.

V8 advice / opinions. What would you do ? Junkyard motor? Crate motor ? Have a motor built by an engine builder. I’d rather not have to yank the motor every trip because somethings wrong with it.

Looking to get somewhere near 400 at the tires with a 4l80e behind it. I’d like to be under $10k said and done driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
400 at the tires and a 4l80e that lives more than one trip with that much power is gonna cost a bit more than 10k imo

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds