Betty

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
www.tt-motorsports.com
Denali and Escalades have a 4l65E transmission. The express 2500/3500 vans have the 6.0 and 4l80e. I currently have an 04 escalade 6.0L that I parted out and kept the motor for myself and the transmission is from an 04 express 2500 van.

Reactions: maxwell279

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
yea, that's why you cant find an LQ9 with 4l80e... unless you scrap two vehicles.

LQ4 with 4l80e is what I got. I probably have that guys info... he had quite a few low mileage motors. All he does is junk Chevy trucks. His yard was insane. Fucking mountains of wiring and brake calipers and shit

Here was one of his engine sheds: He also had some nice newer motors I couldn't afford.

Last edited:

maxwell279

Expert Member
Jan 2, 2012
Lakeside, CA
www.instagram.com
Anyone have recommendations on how to get seized misalignments out of Heims? Apparently I didn’t use enough anti seize.

I’ve already tried heat. I’ve tried sticking them in the freezer. And I’ve tried beating them out. There’s no room inside to stick a punch in between to try to tap one side out. Anyone have success with something else ? The heims are still in good shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Yucaipa
Anyone have recommendations on how to get seized misalignments out of Heims? Apparently I didn’t use enough anti seize.

I’ve already tried heat. I’ve tried sticking them in the freezer. And I’ve tried beating them out. There’s no room inside to stick a punch in between to try to tap one side out. Anyone have success with something else ? The heims are still in good shape.

I had to use channel locks on my shocks last time. One pair on each side and twisted and one broke loose and came out. Used a brass punch for the other side. I used thick leather on the misalignments to not mar the shit out of them.

Do Dah

May 13, 2012
On smaller misalignment spacers you can hammer a tapered punch into the hole then beat it out from the other end.

maxwell279

Expert Member
Jan 2, 2012
Lakeside, CA
www.instagram.com
I had to use channel locks on my shocks last time. One pair on each side and twisted and one broke loose and came out. Used a brass punch for the other side. I used thick leather on the misalignments to not mar the shit out of them.
At this point if they get marred whatever. I’ll try something along these lines. Thanks

mjlogan

space cadet
Feb 9, 2007
ontario ca

If you can get in there, weld a bead around the ID of the misalignment. It should shrink it once the weld cools. Use this trick at work for removing bearing cups with no backside access. Obviously you'll need to buy new misalignments, you could probably throw a wet rag over the heim to save it from the heat as soon as you are done welding.

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
I feel like throwing a large wrench on both ends and twisting will break one loose. You would then have a shoulder inside of the other to beat it out with

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds