BIG DUMB Truck - 2017 Silverado Prerunner Weitzel Build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

SoupGFX

Dec 6, 2013
San Diego
Long time lurker on this board. Thanks all for all the pics, stories, tips and funny shit throughout the years. I don't have much to show on my own but some day I'll be building my T100. Enough about me (even though my shit will put my friend's truck to shame with enough money, time, fab skillz and more money and more time and more fab skillzzz).My friend who barely knows how to turn on his cell phone let alone his computer is building a 2017 Silverado Prerunner. It's a Jimmy Weitzel build and it's currently around 40ish% done. He's all in on this and hoping to have it ready to run by the end of the year. I believe they started the build around November/December last year (2016). We're hoping to get this thing into SEMA with one of my contact at MaxTrax but we'll see how that goes. I'm playing catch up on this build thread so I'll post all the images we have up until now. He usually goes every week or every other week to check build progress. The pics might be out of order of build time but once we get through this initial post, I'll post photos as I get them.Here's the proposed and current build stats:

Owner: PU Ranch
Builder: Jimmy Weitzel
Weight: 6530 lbs
Wheel Base: 135″
Track Width: 91.5″
Front Suspension: 25.5″ wheel travel, with 4.4″ Fox bypass and 3.0 Fox coilover w/ Eibach Springs
Rear Suspension: 29″ wheel travel, 4 link suspension with 4.4 Fox bypass and 3.0 Fox coilover w/ Eibach Springs
Engine: Edelbrock/Musi 555c.i., Fuel Injected, 723 H.P.
Transmission: Culhane/Reid Turbo 400
Fuel Cell: 80 Gallon
Rear end: Dirt Tech, 36 Spline Pro-Am Axles, Geiser Bros Sway Bar, Gear Works 5.29 R&P
Tires: 40″ BFGoodrich KR3
Wheels: Method 6 x 6.5 Beadlocks
Cooling: C&R radiator, 2 Trans Coolers, 1 Engine Cooler
Seats: Mastercraft
Body: Fiberwerks
Wiring: Pro Wire
Communication: Kenwood
Navigation: 10″ Lowrance HD GPS, dash mount ipad
Extra: KC LED Lights, Motec display, Howe steering, Vintage Air, Electric Seats, CNC 6 piston brakes, on-board air….etc

Update on:
Seats: NecksGen
Wiring: James Lin
Navigation: (x2) Dash mounted ipads
Extra: KC and Baja Designs lighting, (x2) electric beer coolers, death ray

Last edited:

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds