Blanco Taco Build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

FlapJack935

Oh i Member
Jun 26, 2017
New Mexico
Taping out some tubes. Gonna do the layout like I had in a couple posts back, keeping the green tubes to build off the shock towers and then also keeping the purple diagonals but will make them removable for fuel cell access and also build off for the cell cradle.

pic below as a reference as to the shock towers we’ll be doing and overall style of the tube structure

FlapJack935

Oh i Member
Jun 26, 2017
New Mexico
Looks badass. Nice work and will be out there running in no time.
getting there! might need to order a new cell cause the one i have is a tad wide so gonna look at some options and see whats out there, planned on doing a jeep speed cell eventually so now might be the time.

FlapJack935

Oh i Member
Jun 26, 2017
New Mexico
Yeah jeepspeed cells are cool. I even cut the flange that bolts the top and bottom together off and welded piano type hinge on the side where you can slide the rod to hold it together so you can run tubes right next to the cell instead of an inch or so away on all sides.
oh interesting, ill have to keep that in mind! Thanks for the info

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
www.tt-motorsports.com

I got some hinges like this OR you could get something like this but with holes to help plug weld it on there.

Last edited:
Reactions: FlapJack935

FlapJack935

Oh i Member
Jun 26, 2017
New Mexico
No updates as of right now.

current fuel cell I have is a little wide for the tube layout we’re gonna do, so ditching this one and still undecided on a custom rear cell for what would be my trunk, or a jeep speed, or a fuel safe... tons of options from cheap to super expensive so as of right now I’ll find of that fits later and move forward with the tube layout and shock mounts I think.

gonna go down to take a look at the truck this week sometime and get some stuff on the same page and get going back on it and get a bunch updated pictures and dump them all on here

A.J.

OG
Jan 29, 2002
Yuma, Az
What size cell are you looking for?

Have 2 Fuel Safes in the garage that have been mounted but never used. What are the dimensions your in need of?

Both 32 gal. One is tall and narrow. Other is shorter and wider

Reactions: FlapJack935

FlapJack935

Oh i Member
Jun 26, 2017
New Mexico
What size cell are you looking for?

Have 2 Fuel Safes in the garage that have been mounted but never used. What are the dimensions your in need of?

Both 32 gal. One is tall and narrow. Other is shorter and wider
my lucky day maybe lol im looking for a 32 gallon, specifically the one i screenshot below

Part # ED132B

or one thats narrower than 30" is what i really need.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds