Brake Problem

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Deke

Sep 3, 2015
Run it till it starts to drag again.
Crack the brake line loose at the master and see if it releases pressure.
If not crack the brake line at the caliper and see if it releases pressure.

Once you isolate where the pressure is being held you will have a good idea of what you need to fix.

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
I would bet 99% its the crap CNC master cylinders. I have spent tons of hours on the phone with customers diagnosing brake systems that don't work worth a shit or wont bleed. 99% of the time it's a bad master cylinder, even when new. Swap to Wilwood or Tilton and have less issues. CNC isn't what it used to be.

Reactions: Turboyota

84prerunner

2:AM Fabrication
Feb 7, 2008
Covina CA
didnt read all the comments....but its 100% a master cyl problem. If it the calipers mechanically sticking, releasing the pressure at the bleeder port would do nothing to fix the issue. Ive had this happen to masters before. you sure the plunger and pushrod arent hanging up? the plunger in one cylider can stick, but the pedal still returns due to the other cylinder pushing it out.

crf250r6

Mar 24, 2007
mira loma
My buddy was just having trouble with his jmar clutch master, turned out the anodizing was wore off inside the master. Is the fluid getting dirty looking real quick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deke

Sep 3, 2015
I would bet 99% its the crap CNC master cylinders. I have spent tons of hours on the phone with customers diagnosing brake systems that don't work worth a shit or wont bleed. 99% of the time it's a bad master cylinder, even when new. Swap to Wilwood or Tilton and have less issues. CNC isn't what it used to be.
I used to agree with this BUT we did have a brake line act like a one way valve once that totally changed how I diagnose these problems. Start cheap and easy...Brakes are simple. Fluid needs to move from master to caliper then back again. If anything stops this flow it is easy to test by cracking open each connection until you isolate the problem.

Reactions: Brandon_Charley

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds