Bronco/F150 Frame Gauntlets (1980-96)

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

littlebird

Feb 26, 2019
NY
In my own build I needed an elegant way to tie a Desolate Motorsports engine cage to my frame without directly welding on the frame. My solution involved converting the engine cage to a bolt-on assembly by creating an overlay, or "gauntlet" that is formed over top and around the frame rails where the stock coil buckets originally bolted to.

The top flange provides a surface to land a tube on, whether for a prefabbed engine cage or one of your own design. The vertical flange provides a surface to mount bump stops without making the gaffe of welding vertically directly on a frame rail. The bottom flange increases strength, allowing the part to be physically locked in place also in shear strength rather than clamp alone.

There are a number of advantages to properly fitted modular/bolt-on cage assemblies in off-road trucks, not the least of which being the ability of fasteners to disperse shock loads evenly into their clamp force. This method has been used extensively by one of the most renowned fabricators in the industry, SI Motorsports, and has allowed for race trucks that have approached 100k dirt miles.

I have made 2 sets of these overlays at present and have nailed down the process, with much care and attention paid to fitment.

Fits 80-96 Bronco/F150

Mild Steel $200
4130 $325
(Predrilled holes incurs extra charge)

If you have need of this part contact me via PM or at 845-803-1430

Last edited:

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds