Bronco Sin Nombre!

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

smokeysevin

is Ron Burgundy?
Dec 28, 2012
Houston
Innershield-211 raw dog, max kill setting on the welder with some pennies jammed in the breaker box, and send it.

Sean

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Innershield-211 raw dog, max kill setting on the welder with some pennies jammed in the breaker box, and send it.

Sean

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
hahaha, man i haven't welded with innershield since switching to MIG (or MAG technically) 16 years ago... I think i till have a brand new spool too

Reactions: smokeysevin

Bertismyname

Oct 1, 2018
San Diego
Throw that 16 year old spool in the trash and pony up the money for a fresh one. The rust and crap will cause you more problems than the ten bucks for a new 2 pound roll. I think i.m.s. charges about 30 for the big roll. If you have a mechanical type rectifier, switching to a solid state rectifier with two 50 thousand farad capacitors in line will make it feel like new pussy.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
yessir, that was the reason for the test. if you read back a few posts you can catch up on the conversation. Im gonna try again with a little less feed and slow down and on cleaner material to see what changes. The machine calls for 24 feed for 1/8, most of that test was on 20, and a little lower. Going to drop to 15 and slow down, which is probably my biggest problem in general. At this point I'm thinking even if my father-in-law can push this machine past its limits, doesn't mean I can. And the best course of action is to weld it with a hotter machine.

Yea, I have been following. Was just confirming that this was the 110V and not your neighbors. I wouldn't weld it with that. Hurt his feelings.

IMO, there is never a reason to use an underpowered machine.... when you have access to a unit with more power!!

I don't even like my welder on 110V with 1/8". (depending on the joint.) I will always drag out the generator. Only thing welded with 110V on my truck is the cab sheet metal.

I remember tacking some 1/8" tube to 3/16". Shit seemed to bounce right off the 3/16" LOL.

Reactions: yltaco05

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Throw that 16 year old spool in the trash and pony up the money for a fresh one. The rust and crap will cause you more problems than the ten bucks for a new 2 pound roll. I think i.m.s. charges about 30 for the big roll. If you have a mechanical type rectifier, switching to a solid state rectifier with two 50 thousand farad capacitors in line will make it feel like new pussy.
haha, the spool is a couple years old, wire is clean no rust. I'm interested in the rectifier deal you talking, ill look into it

Bertismyname

Oct 1, 2018
San Diego
I took a 110 machine and switched to a solid state rectifier (15 bucks on Amazon) and added two 50 thousand micro farad capacitors to the output side. My cheap ass china machine will blow holes through 3/16 on full kill with flux core. But my electric bill hates me.

Reactions: yltaco05

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Gentlemen,

Let’s talk caster. What are y’all setting it at these days for beamed truck? And if it matters, 4x4. I tacked the radius arm brackets to the beams to check caster, shocks, steering, etc. and quickly realized I may have over looked something... the brackets are set up for 7 degrees of caster, but the d44 beams appear to be setup with about 7 degrees as well. So as it sits, I’m at roughly 14 degrees of caster.... it’s an easy-ish fix right now but just want to get it as close to “perfect” while I’m at it

PS: I measured caster by sticking the bolt in the bottom balljoint ear of the beam. And measuring with an angle finder on the bolt relative to the “flat” part of the frame between he shock mounts. The bronco is currently a little front high at the moment.

Last edited:

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds