Bronco Sin Nombre!

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Bertismyname

Oct 1, 2018
San Diego
Caster need to be measured at ride height. 10 to 15 degrees will help it track straight and get the wheels to return to center on their own. I beam trucks need a little more caster because they lose caster at drop. If you are truly at 14 degrees you doing well.

Reactions: yltaco05

Bertismyname

Oct 1, 2018
San Diego
Two to 3 degrees negative camber at ride height and about a quarter inch of toe will get you tracking straight. Make sure your rear axle and front are square to each other and square to the chassis. Do your best to minimize toe change and bump steer through the travel. Not always easy with I beams or ttb. Take your time. Measure and take notes. I would also lock out the beams with temporary support welded to them so you can set your angles at ride height.

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Sweet I’m definitely in the ball park. Close enough to measure for rad arm length, tack those together so I have one less thing to move on me. Fine tune from there.

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Alrighty, here’s a quick tease.

At ride height, 12 degrees of caster, 14 at bump, didn’t check droop. 106.75 wheelbase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
Also I would check caster with a longer rod through both the upper and lower ball joint hole. The way you have it now it looks like you actually have a few degrees more caster.

Also check pinion angle a bit. I haven't setup a ttb setup with more than 9deg since driveline angle would be way off.

Reactions: yltaco05

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Also I would check caster with a longer rod through both the upper and lower ball joint hole. The way you have it now it looks like you actually have a few degrees more caster.

Also check pinion angle a bit. I haven't setup a ttb setup with more than 9deg since driveline angle would be way off.
The beams are nearly flat at ride height but I’ll check. The radius arm mounts on the beams have 7 degrees built into them

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds