Bronco Sin Nombre!

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
sweet thanks man! My current plan was to just do a down tube between the harness bar and the floor bar, cut out the middle section and cap the tubes. Definitely the easiest and least obstructive i think, but probably not the prettiest. but haven't thought much more than that. I just remember an old bug i had with a diagonal tube from one corner to the floor. that tube landed right where your legs wanted to be and was super annoying, don't want that again.
The second picture is of a bronco that had a bar straight across like yours. In Paint (Not photoshop) I simply removed the center and had it go down to the floor to see what it would look like.

Reactions: yltaco05

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
thanks man! I would place the down tubes more outboard, basically where the split in the seats are on the bench i got. but totally shows my concern, definitely looks like an after thought lol. I do like your buddies truck design, but have it bend forward instead of back. Ill play with it when the time comes. Whats nice about having the bar that far back is that it has plenty of clearance to get to the back seat. I can actually get back there quite easy currently, only hard part is becoming a Russian gymnast to get over the bar and into the seat. but having the split in the middle would fix that.

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Soooo. Decided going to the desert is gay and I'm done with trying to get out there, so I traded the bronco for something more practical for the family...

I KEEEEEEEEED. Sister moved to Germany for an unspecified amount of time so I swooped up her car. It was sitting at my parents for 3 months, and apparently that's not a good thing for hybrids/electric cars. Im not arguing, the boost in MPG means a boost in Bronco funds! But after I took care of some things simple maintenance items, I discovered my crippling inability to keep ANYTHING stock...

Ive known for some time that Toyota does something pretty sweet (or stupid, depending on perspective) on the Prius, they puts plastic hubcaps OVER ALLOY WHEELS!!! Took those off and cleaned up the wheels, free mod. AND weight Reduction! Double Score!

The lack of tint or privacy glass was annoying. And since ill be driving my kiddo around, I was obligated to take care of that, for the kid... Dad of the year over her, amiright? Guy was only supposed to do the back, but I confused him when I asked him how much to do the front of MY TRUCK, so he did the front as well. for the price of on the house. I will implement this strategy next time i need something tinted, lol. Im not complaining, specially since the sun visors don't extend so the sun is right in my eye when driving home from work.

Then the stock silver alloys just weren't cutting it anymore, So i swooped up on some stockers in black and swapped over the tires. So Much Better.

I know I know, still a Prius. But ill take the 55 mpg and laugh my ass off all the way to the bank. I also swapped the headlight bulbs to LED since I can't even with halogens anymore. And finished it off with a new cabin air filter and a Black Ice air freshener. I also have a foglight kit with OEM button/harness on the way. After that Im done moving the Prius. Also I should address that hough the car is not mine, I'm first in line to buy it if she decides to sell. should know in a few months. Throw the hubcaps on and maybe peel the front tint (not sure if she's down since its not "legal") and its aesthetically how she left it.

Attachments

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
i owned a prius for a while and loved it!
its growing on me, but i still hate the fear of death while merging on to the freeway or coming out of a driveway. It defaults to ECO mode though, so I've learned to switch to normal or power when in those situations. You also have to drive it differently, it took some getting used to after getting honked multiple times the first day driving it to work.

Bertismyname

Oct 1, 2018
San Diego
Priuses are the replacement for the Jetta tdi. Still gay. But I'll take the mpg if the price is right. Next time I'm in the market for a homo car. I'll probably still bypass the Prius and buy the Jetta. Good for you nice score.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds