I said in a text to you but I’ll repeat it here for everyone else.
I have thought about it. I did it on my explorer when I d44 swapped it. I remember dicking with different springs and welding the cap multiple times before getting it dialed in. I was hoping to not have to do that again and I can’t remember what I ended up with. I also only went that route because the locker I went with wouldn’t allow the clip to be installed. This time I went with an oem locker that does allow the clip to be used so I planned to use it.
At this point I will entertain the idea to run no clip as it would allow me to continue progress. However there are other things i can do so I will work on those first. Travis said he will grab a stub axle from storage this weekend and get it to me next week so I should be good to go. We will see.