Bronco Sin Nombre!

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
In preparation to send the bronco to Kieth, the current plan is to make it mobile. Doubt I’ll be driving it to him but don’t want to make it difficult to get on and off a trailer.

So I got all the shocks on.

Went to put the brake lines on, and found out I may have put he calipers on the wrong side. I put the bleeder on the top but that also put the banjo on the top and also impossible to get the banjo bolt on. Looked up some pictures and everyone has it the other way, so I swapped them. This then made the brake lines too short... though they were probably a bit on the short side the other way too.

So then I put the wheels and tires on and set it on it’s own weight! You can see the difference from left to right here

I was going to just get longer brake lines but decided to go ghetto and get some 12” lines and -3 union fittings. My thought is when I do hard lines on the radius arms, I’ll have to use those 12” and fittings anyway.

Got those bolted up and gravity bled the calipers. Need to get some more dot 3 and get a buddy over here to help bleed and she’s driveable! Oh, gotta pull the front driveshaft too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
well the weekend was full of non-truck related fun. However, I was able to get my neighbor to help me bleed brakes yesterday! But was only able to when the warden took a nap, so i couldn't drive it unfortunately (open headers, parked next to sons window...) also spent some time staring at the bronco, planning the next couple things like mounting the UMP, mounting resi's, mounting hood/latches/fenders etc. not looking forward to it, its gonna be a bitch.

On a not so fun note... Took my truck to the dealership to get a once over as I'm nearing the end of my warranty. Came back with not so good news... Its a 2011 F-150 EcoBoost btw.

1) Turbo Coolant Line leaks, at turbos and engine
2) Coolant Reservoir Leak
3) Blown front shock - Fox 2.0
3) Leaf Spring Tip Isolators

Tried to off it to dealerships, couldn't get what I owe (off by $1500) So now im looking to get it fixed. If anybody has comments or advice on the following, that would be great.

1) looked into doing it myself, fuck that. got quote from dealership, fuck that too. and a quote from a recommended shop, meh.

2) Pegasus racing sells a kit that replaces the OEM clip on hose for a traditional hose clap deal for sib $40 (dealership wanted $1000 for new reservoir, hose, and labor...)

3) Text Kevin for rebuild cost, waiting on response. Accutune is like 300-400 for rebuild/re-valve. is a re-valve necessary? Unfortunately don't have all the required tools for the OEM shocks, may look into purchasing.

4) Take springs to Deaver for overhaul. they are National Raptor springs, but Deaver can still work their magic on them.

mikey09120

Michael Gonzalez
Dec 5, 2009
Santa Barbara, CA
www.facebook.com
Accutune is like 300-400 for rebuild/re-valve. is a re-valve necessary? Unfortunately don't have all the required tools for the OEM shocks, may look into purchasing.
+1 for Accutune.

Owner is very knowledgable.
He took one ride in my truck, then got out and watched me drive through a whoop section.
We drove back to camp and re-valved the shocks and went back out for a test and.....
Truck drives WAY too fast to not have a cage after the revalve.

Even if you don't do an in-person tune session, his preliminary calculations will get your springs and valving very close to where they need to be.

Reactions: yltaco05

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Logistical Update:

Bronco will be heading to kieth's in a week or so. I will be trading him the 4.0 shocks and upgrading the radio he bought from me to dual head, for the fab work on the front end. Still don't know everything he's going to do yet, but Im sure it will be worth it. Maybe Ill throw him some cash to do more? we will see. I hope to at least get the front end dialed while its at his place.

In case Kieth also does some of the work in the rear, I ordered bearing retainers and bearing kits for the 9". That should be all that i need to get that done. I have a couple leads on a VSS relocation kit, still need to purchase that. Also have a few leads on rear shocks, if none of those pan out, ill just take the bypasses off the front and throw those on the rear for now. Oh and I will probably send the deavers to get rebuilt too.

In the meantime Im chipping away at what I can. Last night I drew a cut line on the hood, hoping to cut that tonight. I did order some ultra low profile bump stops to help push the center of the hood up to match the cowl better. Gonna try to get the hood fit before it leaves, that way I can pull all the glass and prep/paint it while the bronco is gone.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
i know you were asking about rod ends in other thread... never figured out what you looking for... but see here!

Reactions: yltaco05

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
thank you I saw that today too. If i get the shocks im looking at I will hit that guy up for sure. Got a lead on someone who's selling fox 3.0 x 12" foxes, but they are missing some parts. don't know exactly what parts cause the picture shows one thing but he said something else. So I asked if everything in the picture is included, and nothing other than what's in the picture, and he said yes. So going off that, it will be a good deal, but won't know till i have them in my hand

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Beat the wife and kid home so I thought I’d get some fiberglass work done. Who hates fiberglass?

This guy!

Before:

After:

Still needs a little massaging but mucho better.

Also. Picked up some fox 3.0 shocks. They are a weee bit short but should still work great. They are raptor spec shocks so the come out to 11.5” I think. Gonna have to track down another shaft, or just grab some matching 12” ones. If they don’t work on the bronco I’ll just put them on my f150 lol. Couldn’t pass on the price.

Bertismyname

Oct 1, 2018
San Diego
In preparation to send the bronco to Kieth, the current plan is to make it mobile. Doubt I’ll be driving it to him but don’t want to make it difficult to get on and off a trailer.

So I got all the shocks on.

Went to put the brake lines on, and found out I may have put he calipers on the wrong side. I put the bleeder on the top but that also put the banjo on the top and also impossible to get the banjo bolt on. Looked up some pictures and everyone has it the other way, so I swapped them. This then made the brake lines too short... though they were probably a bit on the short side the other way too.

So then I put the wheels and tires on and set it on it’s own weight! You can see the difference from left to right here

I was going to just get longer brake lines but decided to go ghetto and get some 12” lines and -3 union fittings. My thought is when I do hard lines on the radius arms, I’ll have to use those 12” and fittings anyway.

Got those bolted up and gravity bled the calipers. Need to get some more dot 3 and get a buddy over here to help bleed and she’s driveable! Oh, gotta pull the front driveshaft too.

Bleeder always goes on top.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds