Bronco Sin Nombre!

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Well today didn’t go as planned. Instead of working from home, I’m just home... it’s unfortunate but not a total surprise.

So after taking care of some affairs I was able to get a couple hours in that garage. Started by welding and painting the new shackles. These are the 6.5” from DIY.

After both were painted I got them installed on the bronco.

Definitely making the spring separation issue worse. But I’m not going to worry about it since I’m planning to go spring under sooner than later.

So one less thing to do. I also started getting the light at mounted behind the grill. No pictures of that yet. Hoping to finish that up tomorrow.

Hoping to be able to get more work done in the next couple weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Got the light in the grill finished up. Digging it so far. Gonna pick up a green lens for the light this week.

Gotta finish installing the new header panel, tighten all the bolts for the fenders/core support/header panel, install the headlights, touch up the grill, and wire the light.

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Went to put the headlights in and realized the led high beam bulbs don’t fit in the housing. Thankfully I have another set, at the office...

Oh well. I did get the brackets painted the grill touched up and the header panel completely bolted on. I somehow lost the screws to the grill though... so I’ll make a trip to the McFadden this week.

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Thanks man! It definitely came out better than I thought for how easy it was lol. Decided to leave the lens clear and I’m going to pick up another to do green and throw that on the bumper. Thinking of putting it under the main tube and cut an opening in the valence for it to get it as low as possible. And out of the way of the radiator.

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Got the grill and headlights mounted to day. Not much fuss but the fitment in everything kinda blows. Gonna leave it for now till I have nothing left to work on I think. Or until it bugs me too much. Also need to cut some spacers for the headlights so I can tighten the lower mounts without having the lights point at the ground.

Next up for the front is the valence piece under the grill. Gotta unbolt it from the old header panel first though.

I also assembled the 9”. Cleaned up the inside and wire wheeled the face. Pulled out the old bearing races. Bolted up the third and axles.

I mocked up the brakes too but no pics. Gonna either take the axle to my FIL shop, or grab a welder from him to weld up the brackets. Hoping to have the brake lines and calipers mounted tomorrow or Thursday.

Also busted out the vintage LEGO to entertain me and the boy during quarantine. Not sure who’s more excited. Lol.

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Had to work on some contingency plans in case my temporary lay off becomes permanent today so didn’t get much garage time. Most of it was spent cleaning and organizing but I did manage to get something done.

I cut out some tabs to mount the brake lines on the axle and I also cut down a bolt to weld it to the housing to mount the t-fitting.

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Got the tabs and bolt welded yesterday. Decided to mount the bulkheads under the perches. It was close to hitting the u-bolts so instead of making new tabs, I welded them to a plate to weld to the axle.

And here’s the bolt

It was about that time I realized the banjos on my brake lines are wrong... of course they are... oh well I’m probably going to change the brakes on the front during the quarantine since I’m not happy with them anyway and can use them up there. Called TMR this morning and should be able to pick up new lines before my boys nap time.

Reactions: partybarge_pilot

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Made the hardlines and installed then today. Had to have the supervisor show me how to tighten some nuts though. He says they’re “teiiiiiight”

Wife came home early before I could take a done pic so her car is in the way. Deal with it.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds