Bronco Sin Nombre!

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

mjlogan

space cadet
Feb 9, 2007
ontario ca
In my and other reputable source's opinion you have them correctly oriented. They are more likely to split with the long side hitting the crossover stop. Of course, as long as they don't fall off the bottom of the shock body at full droop.

Reactions: yltaco05

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
That was my thought too. Didnt make sense. Only thing I can think of is spring deflection and wearing the threads, but that’s not an issue on the top spring, I’d be more worried about the lower spring anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Easton, KS
Most shocks are not fully threaded and you will never hit the secondary stops. Fortunately for you leakaways are.

If your using a short enough top spring that it doesn't come off the shock body your fine.

96f-u250

Sep 27, 2013
VenTurA 805!
oh woops, optical illusion, mine cracked with the long side hitting the spring stopper. ill flip mine likes yours and hopefully that fixes that.

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Funny that a spring divider started the largest discussion in a while hahaha.

I got a little time out there today. Just enough to confirm that the t-bird calipers won’t work... gonna slap some stock calipers for now till I can throw some real brakes up front.

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Well took a whole bunch of measurements. Looks like I’m only off about 1/4” from one side to the other. Also looks like I didn’t give enough room at bump for the shocks. SO I think I may add a 1/4” spacer to the passenger bump and a 1/2” spacer to the driver and call it a day.

The other option is to weld another 1/4” plate to both bump pads and add a 1/4” spacer to the driver side.

Or redo the upper mount on the passenger side to lift the shock a 1/4” and add a 1/4” spacer to the driver side bump.

I guess the options are endless lol. Easiest is to add the spacers I can do that tomorrow.

After adding the spacers I’m looking at 17” at the WMS bumped and strapped.

Also got my new (again) calipers installed. Already looking into upgrades though lol. Started a thread on routing the brakelines. Got most of that figured out today so hopefully I can start building that tomorrow too.

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Got the spacers cut and painted today but didn’t get enough time to install them.

Also ordered some caliper brackets for the rear since the ones that came with the 9” won’t work. Got some weld on brakeline tabs coming with them so gotta wait till those show up to do the front lines.

Wife’s hospital is doing some stupid stuff so we are hopefully going to the river for a week or two next week. As long as her test comes back negative.

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Got the spacers installed today. Looks like I’m at 17.5” bumped and strapped! Both sides are even steven! Super stoked on that. Bump height is a little lower than I hoped, but perfect for going to 37’s soooooo. Stimulus check maybe? Anyone in the market for 15” beadlocks?

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Been at the river for the past 10 days or so. Been nice but got word I’ll be going back to work on Monday. I’ll be working from home so even though I won’t get as much time to work on the bronco, it will be without a kiddo to worry about so i should be more efficient at least. We will see how it goes.

Lined up e few deals while I was gone so when I get back I should have a bit more work ahead of me.

Put a deposit on a giant 64” kit. As much as I wanted to get richer’s I couldn’t pass up the deal. Should get it in hand this weekend or early next week.

Also hopefully getting some new seats.

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
So before I jump to the rear, I think I’m going to swap to swing steering. Plan is to do single swinger, 7/8 heim for tie rods. But I’m wondering if I should do 3/4 for the link between swinger and pitman, or run 7/8 there as well.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds