Bronco Sin Nombre!

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

GahnRacing

Bonsai Trimmer
Oct 5, 2012
Clovis, CA
So before I jump to the rear, I think I’m going to swap to swing steering. Plan is to do single swinger, 7/8 heim for tie rods. But I’m wondering if I should do 3/4 for the link between swinger and pitman, or run 7/8 there as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’d say run 7/8ths everywhere. Plus, correct me if I’m wrong, isn’t the pitman arm tapered hole closer to 5/8ths when drilled out?

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Well I finally picked up the new parts.

Since I had to put the rear on stands to sell the old parts, I’ll be throwing these on next week.

Also got a steering swinger and pitman arm.

Looks like I’ll use a rod end with the built in spacers. And it’s meant for a 1/2” bolt. I’ll get the rod ends ordered up tomorrow.

Pretty stoked right now!

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Since I was feeling baller, I picked up some power steering lines from @S00TLYFE who also deserved a shout out for picking up the giant kit and steering parts for me. Thanks dude!

Reactions: Andy jones

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Made a little progress today on my “lunch break”. Busted off the 4 rivets and 4 bolts for the front hangers. Figured I’d bust out the rivet for the exhaust hanger too. Then I wire wheeled and painted the frame. Not perfect, but more betters.

Plan is to get the hangers and springs on tomorrow.

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Well got crazy busy with work. Had to move out of a 7600sq/ft office building to a 600sq/ft industrial shop. And now it looks like I’ll be moving it again within the month...

So no work had been done on the bronco. But I did sell a bunch of leftover parts. With those funds i plan to pick up a welder and get 220 wired in, purchase whatever odds and ends I need to complete this phase and put the rest in savings for the new motor.

Working from home the rest of the week but I need to get some radios done for customers before I can work on my own stuff again.

Reactions: Turboyota

Jester9

The Jester's Workshop
Apr 1, 2014
Central Texas
Well got crazy busy with work. Had to move out of a 7600sq/ft office building to a 600sq/ft industrial shop. And now it looks like I’ll be moving it again within the month...

So no work had been done on the bronco. But I did sell a bunch of leftover parts. With those funds i plan to pick up a welder and get 220 wired in, purchase whatever odds and ends I need to complete this phase and put the rest in savings for the new motor.

Working from home the rest of the week but I need to get some radios done for customers before I can work on my own stuff again.

Are you gonna wire in the 220? Or pay someone to do it? If you have a sub panel in the garage it is super easy to do!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Are you gonna wire in the 220? Or pay someone to do it? If you have a sub panel in the garage it is super easy to do!

most likely pay someone. I would eventually love to put a sub panel in the garage since i have the amperage. but for now i plan to just put a plug below the panel and run an extension cord (for a welder) to the garage. I have a crew coming to install a new patio cover which includes running power, just gonna ask them to do it. if they don't than ill call an electrician or a buddy.

Jester9

The Jester's Workshop
Apr 1, 2014
Central Texas
most likely pay someone. I would eventually love to put a sub panel in the garage since i have the amperage. but for now i plan to just put a plug below the panel and run an extension cord (for a welder) to the garage. I have a crew coming to install a new patio cover which includes running power, just gonna ask them to do it. if they don't than ill call an electrician or a buddy.
Ride on I have a sub panel in my garage, and put the outlet right below it piece of cake! Prolly spent $30 on everything to make it work! If the electricians try to fuck you hit me up!

Reactions: yltaco05

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds