Bronco Sin Nombre!

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Well the ole bronco strikes again. That 64” giant kit, it’s for an f150, not a bronco so I’ll be posting it for sale here in a minute. The front hangers are different. If I can sell the whole kit I’m gonna just get the richer setup. If I don’t sell the whole kit, I’m gonna get the richer front hangers and use everything else from giant. Bummed but getting use to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Ended up putting a deposit on a complete richer racing 64” kit today. Pretty stoked but also not happy about spending the money. I’m sure I’ll be stoked in the long run.

Had to spend some money on the house too so I’m hoping I still have enough to pick up a welder. Good news is I have a few weeks till the kits ready. Hoping to sell the old one before I pick up the new one. Got a few guys “seriously interested” so we will see.

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Works still had me slammed so I haven’t had much time to work on anything. And when I do, I’m usually doing something on my honey-do list.

But I did engage full hover mode today.

Now I can get the front done while I wait for the rear kit. I also got the rear shock bodies ready for my FIL to sandblast them.

Once I get them back I’ll hone them and get them painted. Debating on running Seymour or actually paying for steel-it. Also need to track down an o-ring for the top caps and resi fitting.

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Since my schedule still sucks I’ve decided to start cleaning up the engine bay. It’s a project that can be chipped away at 30-60 minutes at a time throughout the week.

Started with removing the 4wabs wiring that I had previously just tied up.

There’s 4 wires that need to be paired up to have everything working correctly. Unfortunately one of those wires is spliced with 4-5 other wires... looks like most go to the fuse box but one goes forward towards the headlights etc. I’m debating if I should locate it and see if I can terminate it somewhere else cause then I could connect them down at the harness connector instead of the bundle near the fuse box. Then again it’s all going to be wrapped up anyway so do I really care?

Had to call it there but hoping to get everything terminated after work today. Gonna look into removing the cruise control harness too. Possibly trace it back to the box and snippy snip snip.

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Discovered an old recall on the brake pressure switch for the cruise control system. Apparently these like to leak and cause fires. Since I ditched cruise control I ditched the switch and wiring as well. Just happened to have the right size plug too!

Also traced the wires back to the fuse box and eliminated them. Going to hold on to the “pins” Incase I ever want to incorporate a new circuit that looks factory. Was thinking of doing so with my e-fan circuits.

Got the wiring soldered/capped and heat shrunk. Now just waiting for my new harness “tape” to arrive to finish wrapping it all up.

Slowly but surely.

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Got the wires wrapped up.

Also drew up the new fuse box mount

Need to make some quick adjustments and get it cut out.

Also need to get the 220v wires up in the garage...

We will see how she does. Got the 2 year replacement/upgrade plan. I’ve heard good things so what the hell.

And it’s time to give the dd some love so in the king box is a complete set of near new oem raptor shocks. Got a set of uppers coming already and I’ll probably order the lowers soon.

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Picked up this hatch full of awesome today

Just missing the shackles which kind of blows but they are gonna ship them to me. Hopefully dropping them off for powder tomorrow. Don’t know what color to do them, would be a shame to do BK08 and have them blend in with the frame. Most likely go steel-it on the shackles since they will come later.

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Dropped off the brackets at powder. $50 minimum, will get back in less than 24 hours. Man I love those guys.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds