Bronco Sin Nombre!

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Who'd you use for powder?
Powdercoat professionals, in Anaheim. Used them a lot when I worked at long travel. They shoot all the Taylor Dunn carts so white, orange, black, red, and I think yellow get shot everyday. We used to drop off parts over the fence in the evening and pick them up on our way to the shop the next morning. The quality isn’t the best but it’s damn good for the price and the time it takes.

We never used them for the candies or wild colors but basics they did a damn good job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emptyzrider

LiKe-Athon
Apr 20, 2010
long beach
Powdercoat professionals, in Anaheim. Used them a lot when I worked at long travel. They shoot all the Taylor Dunn carts so white, orange, black, red, and I think yellow get shot everyday. We used to drop off parts over the fence in the evening and pick them up on our way to the shop the next morning. The quality isn’t the best but it’s damn good for the price and the time it takes.

We never used them for the candies or wild colors but basics they did a damn good job.

Thats damn near my work shop , thanks for the insight. I'll be giving them a go around in the future!

Reactions: yltaco05

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Fired up the ole chinee prasma cuttel to blast off the spring perches on my lunch break. Can’t wait to redo power in the garage so I can really crank on this thing. For now I gotta run lower voltage and make smaller cuts and take long breaks between. Still beats a grinder though.

Grinder should make short work of what’s left. Hopefully get that done tonight.

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Was able to grind off the remainder of the old spring perches after work. Made sure to remove the paint all the way around the tube too. Then I put it on a dolly and rolled it over to its new home under the bronco.

Cleaned out the holes on the brackets and went to bolt those on. Apparently the new brackets pickup more holes with rivets than the stock or giant ones. Hoping to bust off those rivets tomorrow. Only have 4 to do I think.

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Started my lunch break by blasting off the 4 remaining rivets. Took all of 15 minutes.

Got 3 of the 4 brackets installed on my lunch break. Little bit of a bitch due to fuel lines and wiring being in the way just enough to be difficult and the crossmember moved after removing the rivets. All that’s left is the passenger front hanger which should go easy since the frame rail is more accessible. Also need to open up the holes on the bottom of the frame for the passenger rear hanger. They are off by a cunt hair. I also removed the factory bump stops for when I go to cycle the suspension.

Soooo close.

Reactions: the bodj

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds