Bronco Sin Nombre!

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
Only one coolant sensor on the rig? Sometimes there is one for the gauge and one for the ecm.

Factory fuel pressure regulator or do you have an aftermarket adjustable one on there?

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
There are two coolant sensors. Both are new.

The fuel pressure regulator is factory, non adjustable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
But does the ecm temp read correct. I never trust new parts unless they check out. There is too much chinese junk out there these days that I never put a new part in and call it good.

Have you verified fuel pressure under load?

Reactions: yltaco05

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
I will look into testing those. Not sure how I’ll be able to measure the fuel pressure under load though.

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
If there is a service port on the fuel rail, run the fuel pressure tester gauge up to the windshield and tape it down. May need longer hose but that’s how a lot of mechanics watch it. Or just run it into the rig through the window.

Reactions: yltaco05

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
I found the issue! Fucking stoked right now.

Decided to pull plugs to investigate the issue. All seemed fine but broke one getting it out. Couple gaps were less than the majority but those were gapped less than what the “six litre tube-up” called for.

Bought all new plugs and figured I’d get an IAC too. Since I know mines not perfect. Gapped to .055 as specified. Rerouted the plug wires to avoid crossfire between the sequential cylinders. And found this...

Arcing to the header BAD....

Was chatting with Travis about it, who happened to have an extra set of wires laying around. Swapped out the bad one and she runs so smooth now! Still a band aid fix as the header will melt this one too. But I ordered some boots and protectors. And some shorty plugs. I also checked the others and they are good to go. So happy that’s all it was.

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Been driving the bronco around instead of working on it. Running errands and waiting for parts. Having a blast! my toddler is loving it to!

Then today I welded up the light tabs for the bumper, of course I ran out of gas on the last one...

Threw some paint on it and bolted up the lights. It was then I realized I only ordered one pair of white... ooof.

Kinda dig it though. Now I’m undecided on 6 or 8. And that’s where I’m at. Still need to do the truck side wiring for ALL the lights.

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds