Bronco Sin Nombre!

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Out with the old...

In with the new!

Drilled a hole on top of the axle tube slowly with grease on the drill bit to catch any shavings. Then dropped a magnet down the hole to pick up anything that fell through. Then welded up the new bung. Which sucked. Couldn’t fit my hood and head and held a flashlight with my off hand. So not the prettiest weld I’ve laid.

Then fitted up the new hose. I ended up mounting the filter to the fuel filler deal. Already had the hole and it was the perfect location. Then hose clamped the breather hose to the filler hose

Still need to add a bungee to ensure no low spots and some safety wire. Don’t really want to hose clamp it lol. We will see if it leaks all over my father in laws driveway, again, when I pick up my son tonight.

Thank you to all that shared their experiences and knowledge on this. That much closer to hitting dirt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy jones

JONES
Feb 8, 2004
canyon lake,ca
Progress!! So before getting the brakes done I checked the timing since it was running a little rough and it was questionable when I set it last year. Sure enough she was at 22 degrees when she should be at 13! So I set that where it’s supposed to be. But while I was doing so, she sprang a leak at the heater hose to the water pump. So I didn’t want to drive it or run it for long. Sounded good though during the couple throttle blips.

Of course it ended up leaking at the one that is crimped to the metal section that you can’t find anywhere... Ended up finding a new one from dorman for a late 90’s E-150 van with a 5.8 that appeared to be a match on the pics and interwebs. So I ordered that up.

While I waited for that to arrive I figured I’d strap the motor down to keep it from mashing my intake into the cross brace... jk i installed the solo motor and oem trans mounts. Was gonna pull a barge and only do the driver but got under there and decided it shouldn’t be too much harder to do the passenger as well. Glad I did, it was in worse shape. Or at least had less rubber. Trans mount was ok but might as well do it now. All in all it took 3.5 hours including a home depot run for some 1/2” wobble extensions and universals. Ended up getting a complete kit for $25

Later the hose showed up and it was a perfect match, just have to swap the hose from the heater core to the tube. Sweet! Got it installed and replaced the other hoses while I was at it, and topped off the radiator.

After that it was time to take her for a spin. Drives MUCH better. Even did a little freeway action. All was good, no issues! Super stoked. Gotta run a couple errands tomorrow around Long Beach, planning to take the bronco for that and see how she does.

Will report after tomorrow’s trip.

What’s the part number for that hose?

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
Out with the old...

In with the new!

Drilled a hole on top of the axle tube slowly with grease on the drill bit to catch any shavings. Then dropped a magnet down the hole to pick up anything that fell through. Then welded up the new bung. Which sucked. Couldn’t fit my hood and head and held a flashlight with my off hand. So not the prettiest weld I’ve laid.

Then fitted up the new hose. I ended up mounting the filter to the fuel filler deal. Already had the hole and it was the perfect location. Then hose clamped the breather hose to the filler hose

Still need to add a bungee to ensure no low spots and some safety wire. Don’t really want to hose clamp it lol. We will see if it leaks all over my father in laws driveway, again, when I pick up my son tonight.

Thank you to all that shared their experiences and knowledge on this. That much closer to hitting dirt!

ditch the hose clamps for the hose and do this with a few zip ties. its for spark plugs but falls over to just about anything else you want a stand off for.

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Knocked off another couple things today. First I got the bumper valence cleaned up, notched, and installed. Also had to trim the ends since I cut off a bit of the bumper for tire clearance.

Then I filled the AC again, I had to loosen a fitting on the accumulator to get some clearance for the coilover tab awhile ago and never addressed it. My neighbors dad is retired but owned an HVAC company so he brought the tools/equipment I needed to test/evac/charge the system. She’s icy now.

Then I swapped in some led reverse lights. They help but I’ll still probably put some in the bumper.

And here’s some beauty shots

Oh I also started to go through and find/eliminate rattles and squeaks. Nothing worth taking a picture of. Took care of some easy ones but I have some a few more I want to tackle tomorrow.

Klever

Aug 21, 2008
Knocked off another couple things today. First I got the bumper valence cleaned up, notched, and installed. Also had to trim the ends since I cut off a bit of the bumper for tire clearance.

Then I filled the AC again, I had to loosen a fitting on the accumulator to get some clearance for the coilover tab awhile ago and never addressed it. My neighbors dad is retired but owned an HVAC company so he brought the tools/equipment I needed to test/evac/charge the system. She’s icy now.

Then I swapped in some led reverse lights. They help but I’ll still probably put some in the bumper.

And here’s some beauty shots

Oh I also started to go through and find/eliminate rattles and squeaks. Nothing worth taking a picture of. Took care of some easy ones but I have some a few more I want to tackle tomorrow.

That is the coldest AC ever! Luckyyyyyyy

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Haha I’m unsure of the accuracy. That and it was only 70ish degrees outside when I tested. It’s definitely cold though.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds