Bronco Sin Nombre!

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
I'm curious about this too. I grounded my S2 rear amber right by my GPS... I suppose i still have the radio antenna on opposite side... but I wonder if I should run a ground back.

I seem to get a good amount of what I assume is alternator noise too. Hear pitch change with rpm.

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Boringsville
Ground strap will help some. You need to check the resistance between the grounds on the bar and the battery when you get it mounted. If it's more than 5ish ohms, you need a better ground.

S2 grounded next to the GPS is ok, those have excellent noise suppression built in and will pass the mil spec tests.

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Well since most the time I work on the bronco is while “working from home” no one is really around to lend a hand. So I had to get creative in order to mount the light rack.

Started by using a tie down to hang it from the joists in the garage.

Then pulled the bronco in till the bar kissed the windshield.

Then slid it into the mounts and throw in the bolts. Easy peasy.

Then I checked resistance from one of the ground lugs to the battery

Hopefully this means I’m in good shape. Will do further testing when it’s completely done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jester9

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
Nice. That is how I mount fiberglass bedsides... HA. Hang bedside from rafters with tie downs. Back truck in. Adjust to correct fit. Build tube mounts.

Reactions: yltaco05

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
I use blocks of wood ontop of tire at full bump and some tape at front edge to get it mounted. But ratchet straps work good when you aren't in the driveway working and have ceiling above the truck

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: socalkid92

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds