Bronco Sin Nombre!

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Yucaipa, CA
Man insurance adjusters suuuuuck. I got rear ended in the drive thru of a bakers years ago. Crumpled my tail gate and absolutely ruined the little car that did it. Was an old lady, she tried claiming my tailgate was already damaged and she didn’t do anything. Took me over a month to get paid. Ended up just pounding out the tailgate with @kelly1450 after work and never got it actually fixed. Got some money out of it but it wasn’t much because they wanted to total my truck instead of repair it, so I said whatever just give me the money and I’ll fix it.

Reactions: yltaco05

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Finally got the word today that they are taking 100% responsibility (no shit...) and the settlement. Checks are on their way. Still had to fight them on the car seat. Shits ridiculous. But they ultimately took care of it. Not totaled so that’s a plus.

Took it to the shop that I was going to have paint it to get an updated quote to replace the door with the one I picked up and fix the rest of the body damage and paint.

So now I need to get my hands on some new bedsides and start tearing the old ones off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Aright YUUUGE update so be prepared....

After getting word that insurance was gonna take care of me, I got a call from @S00TLYFE inviting me to go check out the TT Race at KOH. Thought why the hell not. Did a nut and bolt on the bronco, loaded tools and spare tire and had my neighbor ride shotgun.

Trip was great! I was stoked for how well she handled out of the box. Should just need to turn some tubes to get it dialed. Met up with @the_bodj out there too. And a bunch of Broncos and the desolate guys.

Trip wasn’t without incident:

Hood pin dnf’d - replaced with steel ones

Optima battery adapters dnf’d - new battery mount coming

Also a wire rubbed through on some metal causing pcm fuse to blow - wrapped and Andes split loom to wires and rubber on edge of metal.

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
So after the trip I started tackling the issues I had to make sure they don’t happen again.

New steel pins with better mounting to the core support and with some recommendation from Greg at desolate, added some supports from the core support to the shock tower. He also said to run solid body mounts on the core support, the flex from the fenders should be enough to keep things copacetic.

Picked up the desolate t-case skid that @marcytech designed. Thing is beefy and easily installed. He did a great job with it.

I also picked up some new bedsides from @Turboyota. Thanks again dude! Stoked I’ll get to mount them properly, previous owner did a shit job. Decided to put out all the sheet metal. Mainly cause I didn’t want the body shop to repair more than I needed to mount the glass. Then I sprayed the inner sheet metal with raptor liner to help with some sound deadening and protection.

Then after going through 2 different battery mounts, I ended up getting one from artec and moved it to the back of the bronco.

And that brings us back to current. Gonna hopefully finish the battery relocation tomorrow, then I’ll drop it off at the body shop to fix the damage, then I’ll mount the glass, then send it back for paint. Getting close now!

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
first run out and no action pics!? what abuse did you give her?

batt mount and connections are sweet! id only be concerned with corrosion over time. maybe make a guard to ward off more the crap from hitting them?

Reactions: yltaco05

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
first run out and no action pics!? what abuse did you give her?

batt mount and connections are sweet! id only be concerned with corrosion over time. maybe make a guard to ward off more the crap from hitting them?
I was driving! Haha. I was easy on her for the most part. But did hit a whoop section at 50 and could definitely give her more. Rear is a little soft but never bottomed. Front i was thinking was a little stiff but it was about 3/4” from bottoming out and had more to give. So I’m gonna hold off making any shim changes for now. The rzr chatter was hell. That’s what caused my two dnf’s

Once the battery relocation is completed I’m going to a)make a cover/guard and/or b) coat the terminals with liquid electrical tape. Not sure how fun that would be to take off though. Should probably at least fill the boots with dielectric grease.

Reactions: 84projectford

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds