BroRunner

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
Okay I’ll pour a bottle in and hope. I’ve been reading up on e85 and apparently it’s good at melting pistons so I’m not gonna do that. If only I wasn’t a retard and would get some stock sized tires laying around for smog testing I’d probably never even come close to failing. But here I am with big tires and stock gears.
Also, the dyno can fail you if your speed falls out of the proper RPM range. It's ridiculous.

96f-u250

Sep 27, 2013
VenTurA 805!
Okay I’ll pour a bottle in and hope. I’ve been reading up on e85 and apparently it’s good at melting pistons so I’m not gonna do that. If only I wasn’t a retard and would get some stock sized tires laying around for smog testing I’d probably never even come close to failing. But here I am with big tires and stock gears.
What other sources are you reading and putting above DR recommendations!?

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Yucaipa, CA
So when I first got this thing about 8 years ago I replaced the plugs cap and rotor and wires. I’ve replaced the plugs once since I’ve owned it and never the cap rotor or wires.

Not too bad for 8 years.

Now the plugs are pretty funny

It’s amazing I can find the time to check valve lash every three oil changes but not to check the plugs every once and a while. Whatever, it’s a Toyota.

Not it’ll probably pass smog tho

• Wow
Reactions: mikey09120

Jester9

The Jester's Workshop
Apr 1, 2014
Central Texas
So when I first got this thing about 8 years ago I replaced the plugs cap and rotor and wires. I’ve replaced the plugs once since I’ve owned it and never the cap rotor or wires.

Not too bad for 8 years.

Now the plugs are pretty funny

It’s amazing I can find the time to check valve lash every three oil changes but not to check the plugs every once and a while. Whatever, it’s a Toyota.

Not it’ll probably pass smog tho
That thing will probably run fine without oil in it!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Yucaipa, CA

Honestly surprised it passed so well. Anyone know how to get the NO numbers down next time? Will finally regearing this bitch help that?

Reactions: SoupGFX

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Easton, KS
Nice!

And no, regearing won't help. They have to be in a certain RPM range. Doesn't matter what gear they are going in as long as the RPM and MPH are right. Doesn't matter if it's in first or fifth as long as those two are in.

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Yucaipa, CA
Nice!

And no, regearing won't help. They have to be in a certain RPM range. Doesn't matter what gear they are going in as long as the RPM and MPH are right. Doesn't matter if it's in first or fifth as long as those two are in.
He told me he had to do the whole test in first which technically isn’t allowed but the rpm was too low in 2nd to do the 25mph test. Since those numbers are way cleaner in the higher rpm I figured new gears would raise the cruise rpm and make it run cleaner.

Reactions: Tanker Kranker

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds