BroRunner

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Yucaipa, CA
Oops time for a tube bumper!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Naaaaah the stock looks sooooo good. I already straightened it. (This has happened a couple times and I still haven’t trimmed it lol)
Gonna make a little bumper for the lights up front.

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Yucaipa, CA
So I made a tube bender that is just a knockoff of the affordable bender because no matter what I did I didn’t like the look of the three tube design. Thanks again Bodj for all the measurements to make it a quick build for the bender itself.

So I made some hoops for the front of the bro runner.

Grinding out the old plate until I said fuck it I’m gonna make upper tabs and cycle so that’s done and I’ll grind out the plate later

Got the shock cycled and set and burned in the tabs.

Only one side done today. I’ll burn in the other tomorrow since I already have the tabs and hoops made.

Time spent:6.75 hours

Beverages:3 natural light seltzer, 4 coors light, 1 redbull, and 1 Gatorade

Music: Municipal Waste, Death, Johnny Paycheck, and Your Moms House Podcast.

Fucks yelled: 2, one when I dropped a 10’ tube on my finger, and one when I somehow arc’d through my finger when I pulled the trigger on my mig gun.

Breaks: one quick one to eat some lasagna

It’s pretty funny, I haven’t drank much since Christmas, so I actually got pretty messed up throughout the day, my welds got sloppier and sloppier as the day turned into night. Shits burned in tho.

If anyone is interested in the bender I’ll post it up, it’s super simple copy of the affordable bender but with a 12ton jack so it’ll handle 1.75x0.120” DOM.

Last edited:

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Yucaipa, CA
Here’s the bender

Made of 3/16” plate with doubler sections where the 1” pins are and 1” solid rod supplied by the lovely turboyota. Uses affordable bender brand dies and does up to 90° bends.

Thanks again to Bodj for the measurements to make it super quick to make, literally took a few hours with a drill press, jigsaw, mig welder, measuring tape and square.

Here’s some with a tape for measurements because I can’t find the drawing I made of it.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds