BroRunner

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

ucd baja

#1 Pig Killer
Dec 16, 2008
Guinda, CA
So I have always been told to smog with a full tank of gas, that being said w/ say 15-20 gallon tank just add a gallon of E85? I gotta smog the Xploder here in the net week or so.

Tyler sorry for filling your thread w/ smog questions.

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Boringsville
Run it down to like 1/4 then throw in the E85. How full the tank is makes zero difference. Mixture does.

Then after smogging it, fill it up with straight gas if you can find it. Fuck that corn fuel.

Reactions: ucd baja

Blood Eagle

OG Member
May 30, 2006
Ventura, CA.
I’m not gonna name names but I’ve never had a smog guy actually look at a cat or for any other visual things. Usually just check timing and put the sniffer in. I had a usual guy that got popped for helping people more than the gov wants him to, so I had a panicked weekend a while back making sure the entire truck was up to snuff visually and would pass the sniffer, went to a new guy and he didn’t care. All he said was that it was annoying having to crawl under the truck to put the sniffer in lol.
If the cat is brand new and CA legal it will have an executive order number on it signifying that it's CARB compliant. So in other words, the cat you replaced your original with is a rusty old cat, you are fine. If it was shiny and new the smog would check it for an EO number.

Canks

OG Member
Mar 21, 2003
San Diego (Clairemont), CA
Run it down to like 1/4 then throw in the E85. How full the tank is makes zero difference. Mixture does.

Then after smogging it, fill it up with straight gas if you can find it. Fuck that corn fuel.
My old Taco would not pass based on noX, basically did this. Ran it down to super empty, put a gallon of e85 in and 5 gallons of gas. Passed with flying colors.

Reactions: ucd baja

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Yucaipa
My old Taco would not pass based on noX, basically did this. Ran it down to super empty, put a gallon of e85 in and 5 gallons of gas. Passed with flying colors.
Always figured the alcohol would make nox numbers worse, I’ll do this every year then cause that’s the one I’m always close to not passing.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds