BroRunner

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Yucaipa, CA
Alcohol isn't going to help. Putting a smaller tire on for smog purposes probably would.
Or I could just regear it instead of pushing 33s with 4.10s haha. I have a spare set of wheels I was gonna do that with last time but someone on here said it wouldn’t make a difference.

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Yucaipa, CA
So it’s been a few days with mostly quiet exhaust, and I just gotta say I love it. Driving is completely enjoyable now. Thanks again @dose for your input, I can cruise and actually relax. Only downside is it doesn’t wake me up as much driving into work early in the morning, haha.

dose

Creepy Camper
Jan 4, 2018
Mammoth Lakes CA
Glad it worked out. Will be even better when you finish it. Don’t be afraid to just try a 10” piece with a 90 turn down. I’ve ran that in all my off road trucks and I don’t notice the reverb like others have said, and leaves so much room for activities!!
My chinook with the same motor, trans, cat, muffler but tailpipe ran all the way behind driver rear tire sounds louder to me than the tacoma 90 dump below cab.

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
I noticed a lot more torque when I went from 2.5 dumped to 2.25 all the way out the back.

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Yucaipa, CA
I noticed a lot more torque when I went from 2.5 dumped to 2.25 all the way out the back.
It most definitely has a bit more bottom end and pulls through gears quicker with less throttle, pretty surprising difference since it’s only changed from the o2 sensor to the axle. Only downside is I kinda have to pay attention to my tach now since it’s so much quieter lol. I need to do the upper link and mount the shocks so I can route it out the back. Maybe I’ll get working on that this weekend if it’s not windy.

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Yucaipa, CA
Went and messed around in the hills with @Turboyota today. He took his buddies 4Runner he’s been working on out and it was hilarious. Completely stock front end making a solid 4 1/2” of clean travel along with deavers and 2.5 saws out back.

Earlier today I redid my exhaust hoping I’d be able to get my spare catalytic converter in there, it’s too damn long. Gonna have to get another one that’s only 14” long. To make it work my muffler would have been almost touching my axle so that’s not gonna happen. Also added a 90° downturn like @dose said, it did in fact quiet it down a lot and I’m not getting any reverb into the cab.

Keep getting this thing where my idle likes to go be normal then drop down to about 500rpm, then I adjust it and it’s fine then it’ll pop up to 1200 or so, not sure what that’s about but I’m gonna order a bunch of stuff from LCE to freshen up the breathers and vac lines, also clean the intake and add a delrin tb gasket to make cleaning easier in the future, I’m tired of cutting a new gasket every time I remove it to clean it. That pic is of me adjusting my idle with a pair of safety glasses because I didn’t have any tools because we drive Toyotas.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds