BroRunner

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Yucaipa, CA
Cleaned your intake? Throttle plate sticks a little open if it is gunked up. I have also seen the throttle pivot wear out and start sticking a little
I placed an order with LCE for stuff to freshen up the intake and vac lines, just waiting for it to get here/time to do it.

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Yucaipa, CA
So this weekend I wanted to take the rear end apart a bit and check stuff out, start looking at how I’m gonna be able to mount the 3.0s I got off turbo under there. So it’s not gonna happen until I make the upper link to ditch the panhard bar or swap to leafs and neither of those are going to happen anytime soon so instead I did a bunch of measuring and just redid the upper mounts for the 2.0s to mount outside the frame while still using the super beefy stock lower mounts. Gained a bit of up travel doing this. Went out and hit it pretty hard in the hills of calimesa, did real well and I didn’t use the whole stroke of the rear shock so that’s good, usually I would hit the shaft bumps constantly with how I had them mounted.

Peep the bunjee brake line retention system.
I came home and did an alignment on the front end because when I was driving back I noticed it pulling a bit to the left, probably knocked the alignment out a little when I hit a nice washout. Got that done and went for a test drive, shit was titties except for the steering wheel being a tiny bit off center, but not all titties are perfectly symmetrical, right?

Smashed around the hills by my house, watched a bunch of people try to get a dgafbrochevy unstuck when he caught his sweet drop tow hitch while trying to go up a dirt pile, played on the roller jump for a while and then went home. Not a huge update but I’m glad I did it cause it performs way better now. Also fuck wind, once again half my welds look decent and the other half look shitty because I had to grind out porosity and re-weld. Time for a coors.

Time spent: 3 hours Friday, 9 today
Music: Power Trip, George Strait, Misfits
Beers consumed: 1 natural light at turboyotas
Fucks yelled: ~10 due to wind/general rage
Tools spiked into the driveway: several
Dogs bellies rubbed: 2
Redbulls consumed: 3
Sneezes due to allergies from wind: too many

Last edited:

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads