BroRunner

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

desert_steve

Oct 21, 2007
phelan, ca
I’d do one to the top of the frame but I run torsion bars so that gets in the way
I just went back and dug through your thread to see what youre working with... if you pull the big plastic cover off of your steering shaft rag joint, is there any way you could snake a bent tube in there and go from the back or bottom of the hoop to the motor mount?

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Yucaipa
I just went back and dug through your thread to see what youre working with... if you pull the big plastic cover off of your steering shaft rag joint, is there any way you could snake a bent tube in there and go from the back or bottom of the hoop to the motor mount?
Might be able to but it would be at a weird angle, probably from the motor mount towards the cab. I already took that plastic cover off the rag joint a while back cause it was tapping on my shock and driving me nuts.

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Yucaipa
So much mud I rinsed it and went to the local drive through car wash. Came home and noticed the machine didn’t do a very good job, ended up washing it myself. Went through the intake and cleaned the throttle body and MAF, threw a new filter in. It gained a bit of pep in its step. Also washed the engine bay since it really needed it. Shoulda gunk’d it but only had simple green. Worked well enough. Anyway here’s a somewhat shiny 4Runner pic.
079E2D8A-F67D-46B6-A9D6-E2687403252B.jpeg

Also, anyone know if the torque spec is the same for a Teflon throttle body gasket as the stock paper type?

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Yucaipa
It’s 12 mm bolts: Medium tight with a 1/4” Ratchet or open end wrench. Torque spec? What the fuck?
Hey shit dick, it has a torque spec in the fsm, and I don’t wanna have it back off and suck silt when we’re in the desert being idiots again so I’m fuckin doing it right. If you don’t like it you can gladly go fornicate yourself with in iron spike. ❤

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Yucaipa
Put in some work on the runner today. The jankie way I had the limit straps set up wasn’t workin out so I decided to make droop stops kinda how it was with the stock setup before everything got prasma cuttele off.
1F3B7092-0AAA-4E43-82F8-DC797977C61B.jpeg

made out of 2x2 .120 square tube
Set em up to right before the CV will bind, it will hit metal to metal just in case the rubber blows out or gets ejected for some reason, likely me forgetting to tighten it.

2A9CE160-CFD9-416E-93C0-89A54EAC6C4D.jpeg

also redid tabs so I can make tc style tabs to the top of the cross shaft since I can’t fit another tube anywhere worthwhile to the top of the frame.
CE1784C8-3F25-4911-AD04-9344EAD85ADD.jpeg

difference with the limiters VS completely drooped where it will bind the CV. Stops are 11/16, need to be turned down quite a bit cause it’s limiting a bit of travel.
time spent :12 hours
Music: none
Drinks: 1.5gal of water, 1 topo Chico hard seltzer
Tools used: MIG welder, angle grinder, sawzall, jigsaw, die grinder, misc hand tools for bolts and shit
Fucks yelled: a lot. Fucking wind.
Tools spiked: 1/2” new craftsman ratchet cause the Chinese piece of shit slipped and made me punch a bolt and took a bunch of skin off my hand.
bandaids used: none, I just bled on my tools till I put on gloves

A.J.

OG
Jan 29, 2002
Yuma, Az
Only because of I’ve made the mistake of using a welded 2x2 before. Watch the side you used that welded seam on.. cracked on me super quick. Used it for a shock mount Pin-eye mount conversion but yeah that welded seam side cracked first

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds