BroRunner

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Yucaipa
Only because of I’ve made the mistake of using a welded 2x2 before. Watch the side you used that welded seam on.. cracked on me super quick. Used it for a shock mount Pin-eye mount conversion but yeah that welded seam side cracked first
Yea I thought about it but it’s just for the droop stop. Hopefully it holds up lol. It’s not going to be seeing crazy amounts of force, but still something to be mindful. It’s the only seamed tube on the truck so I’m sure it’ll fail eventually lol

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Yucaipa
Why not put some manual hubs on there? No reason to concern with binding if you’re only in 2-wheel drive.
I’ve thought about it but never taken the time to look for and collect the items needed. If someone had everything already together for a decent price I’d do it.

smokeysevin

is Ron Burgundy?
Dec 28, 2012
Houston
I’ve thought about it but never taken the time to look for and collect the items needed. If someone had everything already together for a decent price I’d do it.
Shit is expensive unless you get lucky and find a complete setup. There are tons of little nickle and dime parts that are only available from the dealer or places like marlin crawler. You may have an easier time since I think they would be the red hubs but still, figure about a grand for all of it.

I would do it again though on mine.

Sean

dose

Creepy Camper
Jan 4, 2018
Mammoth Lakes CA
All you need are the locking hubs and a hose clamp.
It’s not complicated like the Tacoma’s
Did my T100 for $80 with some warn hubs from eBay.
There are knock off asian hubs for cheap and reviews were good too.
It will free up about 6.9 hp from eliminating the parasitic loss of axles turning. Boots will last longer. MPGs will go through the roof and panties will drop everywhere you go.

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
100 bucks. Buy them. Don’t puss out.

Factory are the strongest (aisin like I posted). Must be 86-95 to work correctly.

Tried to hook dose up with a guy that I got mine from but seems he’s dried up on them

Reactions: Tanker Kranker

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Yucaipa
100 bucks. Buy them. Don’t puss out.

Factory are the strongest (aisin like I posted). Must be 86-95 to work correctly.

Tried to hook dose up with a guy that I got mine from but seems he’s dried up on them
Purchased. Thanks jimmy! It’s just a swap right? Don’t need any other parts?

Last edited:
Reactions: SoupGFX

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Yucaipa
Added manual hubs today which is a super quick and easy upgrade from the add drive plates that were on it. Literally just swap em over. If you have the goofy Toyota auto locking hubs it’s a little more in depth.
5201F2D6-6123-487D-A8E5-BC38F7EC161B.jpeg

couldn’t tell in the eBay ad but they’re actually two different dial and covers but have the same clutch and spline count. Didn’t know they were interchangeable faces from 84 up but I guess they are.

plans for this weekend and next week
-fluid and nut/bolt check
-probably cram limit straps under my upper arm to the front of my lower arm cause the rubber stops are limiting travel too much since they don’t really squish
-tabs to the cross shaft and gusset the hoop to the front of the frame, need to dig and see how much plate I have left
-hit up @Turboyota to charge my front shocks

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds