Bump stop cans???

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

circafwsk8r86

Jan 23, 2014
I’ve only ever used king bumps with full style cans. My bronco is on a budget so I’m looking at locked bumps with pinch style cans. I’m sure the locked bumps are fine but the pinch style cans are my concern. They hold pretty well as there is no way to keep the bump from pushing out? Circlip etc? I see a lot of people use them. Let me hear good or bad experience. Thanks

96f-u250

Sep 27, 2013
VenTurA 805!
I was worried at first when I bought FOA hydro bumps and cans. But the clamp style has worked on my i beam truck at 250 psi and my brothers a arm truck with max oil and 250 psi. There is also a lip at top of the wiper cap where the bottom of the can contacts.

Reactions: circafwsk8r86

circafwsk8r86

Jan 23, 2014
I found a YouTube video where a guy was showing all the locked bumps and yea it looked like the body was machined with a lip. Forgot about foa how have their bumps been holding up?

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Easton, KS
The only time I have launched a bump out of the can was when I forgot to tighten it down. Since it was on the Barge, it just rolled around in the back till we made it to the next stop. Put it back in, tightened it down and never had another issues.

They were Bilstien bumps with no clips and pinch cans,

Reactions: circafwsk8r86

96f-u250

Sep 27, 2013
VenTurA 805!
I have nothing to compare them too, but I’m happy with them. You will definitely need to add oil out of the box. I think Ive only had to replace seals in 2 out of 8 over a period of two trucks and ~ 3 years. Smoking deal at $300 for two, with cans.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds