Bypass valving opinions

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

84prerunner

2:AM Fabrication
Feb 7, 2008
Covina CA
Revalving the rear 3.5" bypasses on my linked yota. Biggest issue currently is the bump zone is too soft, in the bigger g out type holes it slams the bump stops. Rebound is also borderline too slow, even with the tubes wide open, I believe this may be contributing to it being slightly harsh in the steeper whoop rythem sections. Current valving Comp: biggest 2 are .012s, then 6 .010s plus a rate plate. Rebound: all .008s (6)2 .086" free bleedsWithout making it harsher in the choppy stuff, what would you do?

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Easton, KS
Go .020's on comp. Plug bleed holes. Run a bleed poppet in the long comp tube. Maybe one in the rebound tube to if you can't control the chatter. Normally I would say chatter is in the CO, but those are some pretty big shocks for that thing.

Last edited:

84prerunner

Feb 7, 2008
Covina CA
Go .020's on comp. Plug bleed holes. Run a bleed poppet in the long comp tube. Maybe one in the rebound tube to if you can't control the chatter. Normally I would say chatter is in the CO, but those are some pretty big shocks for that thing.
You don't think going from 12-10 combo to 20s is going to make it harsh even when not in the bumpzone? The coilover is a 2.0 with .008s comp and popoff rebound.

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Easton, KS
No, your bypass tube should flow enough to make piston valving irrelevant under low speed conditions which is where your chatter problems are.

84prerunner

Feb 7, 2008
Covina CA
what are you referring to as a "popoff rebound" stack in the 2" coil over?
exactly what partybarge said....its a machined plate with a spring that holds it shut to plug the holes during compression, then it blows open on rebound providing basically 0 damping effect

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds