Chair-Runner (Honcho) - Gen 1 Taco

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

J4Roe

Baller
Sep 23, 2020
Phoenix
I agree with you both. I definitely told myself to join those two tubes before putting the dash back in. For the pictures and just to start to get a vision of the progress, I had the magnets holding those tubes in. I haven't tacked anything but the base plates yet. That's why the dash bar pry doesn't look right because it's just resting up there on the factory wiring and what not. I will tack everything in shortly. I will definitely join the stock dash bar to the cage for sure. I hate the rattling and creaking sound that my dash has always made. Trying to eliminate or contain most of these rattling sounds. Speaking of which, I want to do the tack weld on the steering column trick, anyone know about that?

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
I agree with you both. I definitely told myself to join those two tubes before putting the dash back in. For the pictures and just to start to get a vision of the progress, I had the magnets holding those tubes in. I haven't tacked anything but the base plates yet. That's why the dash bar pry doesn't look right because it's just resting up there on the factory wiring and what not. I will tack everything in shortly. I will definitely join the stock dash bar to the cage for sure. I hate the rattling and creaking sound that my dash has always made. Trying to eliminate or contain most of these rattling sounds. Speaking of which, I want to do the tack weld on the steering column trick, anyone know about that?
never heard of it

J4Roe

Baller
Sep 23, 2020
Phoenix
Its either Tacomaworld or TTORA that has the write up on the tack weld fix for the steering, I cant remember which
Yea I definitely remember seeing it on TW. Over the years the steering column play and subsequent rattle has gotten worse. I plan on getting a new steering wheel soon with quick release hub so hopefully along with the tack weld on the crush sleeve of the steering column the steering input should feel more solid. I hate how big the stock steering wheel is.

In other news: I got the C miter done. Or at least the tubes are done. I will start to tack everything together shortly after I get the mill scale cleaned off the areas of the tube that will be intersected by other tubes. I was starting to get a little worried that I may have spent too much time and energy cutting out all the stock inner cab skin but I think it's actually going to pay off. Here's a glimpse of how tucked the tubes will be. B pillar will almost be none existent. I think I'm going to hack away the rest of the metal under the back side windows where the 6x9 speakers are for the horizontal support under the window and the diagonal tubes. I think I could also make a quick kick and bring the tube around that area fine but not sure what I want to do yet.

Reactions: Canks and SoupGFX

dalandser

Sep 30, 2017

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds