Chair-Runner (Honcho) - Gen 1 Taco

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

J4Roe

Chair Donkey
Sep 23, 2020
Phoenix
1 PUMP BUMP!!!!!!!!

Man! It's been a while since the Chair Runner got some love. I ordered more tube like 3 or 4 weeks ago. So many developments since then. I'm sure some of you noticed that I had an extremely large amount of free time to work on the truck the last 2 months. I didn't want to air out any grievances on a public forum after naming the company I work for and it surely wasn't my bosses fault but I had been given a voluntold 6 week vacation for reasons outside of my control. It did allow me to get a shit ton of work done on the truck until I ran out of material and progress halted. The other update of course was that we got a new tow rig/camping/do our trips in rig. That took some of my time as well to get it to where it needed to be for bigger tires and it's first Mexico shake down.

Fast forward to this week. Right when we got home from Mexico my boss called me and told me that everything was corrected and that I could come back to work. Awesome! I need money to keep this side fabrication dream alive. A lot of the money I make will go right back into trying to create a small side business/hobby and to further my fabrication skills. So I finally got back to work this week as my first full work week back since mid February. It felt good to be back working with metal and staying busy.

The other HUGE update was that my tube finally came in. We get our tube through TUBE SERVICES and I guess they do not have inventory on hand and have to go out of state to get metal. Not sure if that's BS or not but it took forever. Still waiting to see what I paid per foot because BOSS man says that the price went up. I paid $4.80/foot for 1.75 x .120 DOM last time. The only down side and at this point I think it's moot but he didn't place my order correctly apparently and I received 60 feet of 1.75 x .120 DOM instead of the half half order that I placed for 20ft of 1.75 120 and 40 ft of 1.5" x .095...

Originally I had planned on using all 1.75 and then we talked about what you guys do and that changed my decision to throw some 1.5" x .095 DOM in there but now after this I don't even care. The weight saving would be negligible anyways so... Just happy to be back to work and working on the truck.

Updates to follow!!!

I wasted half of my day today on various forums bullshitting so I need to get to it!

One love!

Joe!

KEY NOTE: DMX playlist on repeat today in tribute!!!!! Every DOG has his day! RIP!!! DMX!

J4Roe

Chair Donkey
Sep 23, 2020
Phoenix
Rear Side Window Upper Diagonals

Today's Goal: An ambitious 4 tubes!
  1. Lower Diag Driver
  2. Lower Diag Pasenger
  3. Perimeter floor tube A to B Driver
  4. Perimeter floor tube A to B Passenger
10am start with 200mg of Tramadol and 3 hits off of the weed pen just to get my back loose enough to sit up straight. Tecate ROJO in about 5 more minutes... Cheers!

Joe

J4Roe

Chair Donkey
Sep 23, 2020
Phoenix
Bump

I fell short on Sunday's lofty goal of 4 tubes but I did get the 4th tube done today after work. Lower Diagonals and A to B perimeter floor tube are now done. I think I'm going to tackle the other two floor tubes next, A crossover and B crossover. I think I have enough room under the trans tunnel to run both tubes through the tunnel instead of up and over. Definitely drooling to get the windshield anti intrusion tubes in to be the biggest poser on the block. Basically the equivalent of putting 22's on your fuck boy starter pack charger... lol

Am I going to regret using 1.75" for the windshield anti intrusion?? The only other thing I could do is use 1.5 hot roll for those tubes but I feel like that would taint this cage...

Rear Side Lower Diagonals

A to B Perimeter Floor Tube

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds