Chair-Runner (Honcho) - Gen 1 Taco

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

J4Roe

Chair Donkey
Sep 23, 2020
Phoenix
Don't you love fitting those diagonals in when the horizontal tube can't be removed. FUN FUN FUN
Yea so what is the trick because I wanted to kill myself after fucking up the first diagonal twice?! I go from too long to get it in there and then once I get it to go in, it's 3/16 short. I haven't tacked anything so the tubes are just sitting in there so some of the gaps look kind of big. One or two gaps are pretty big. Nothing a big mig dong can't fill...

The last one I did was the passenger side lower and it fits and looks like it fits wayyyyy better than the other 3. #3 was decent too. The first one was actually attempt number 3 and then the second one I did was P side upper and it came out like absolute dog shit and I'm still beating my brain hourly if I want to redo it. I think one of the gaps is ginormous but I think it's do-able... I don't know. I spent waaaayyyy too much time doing those 4 diagonals. Those and the roof diagonals were definitely by far the hardest to do. Very tedious. To the contrary, the A to B floor tube with double 90 degree notches was pry the easiest. The passenger side I did in about 35 minutes from cutting the stick to notch to fit.

#FUCKDIAGONALS

Joe

Last edited:

J4Roe

Chair Donkey
Sep 23, 2020
Phoenix
What i have done it cut the pointed piece off on the notch and then put it back on when the tube is finally fit in place. You'll get a gap in the tube the width of cutoff wheel so easy to get full penetration.
Ok. Good to know. Thanks brother.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds