Chair-Runner (Honcho) - Gen 1 Taco

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
Riv nuts are the same way though. You can't pull them out, but they can spin if you fuck them up enough.
Since ruv nuts are a thinner material, if you put a bolt in them and wiggle it around, they can become loose. Not saying it's going to happen on a seat mount, but I'd rather figure out a way to give enough room for my fingers to use a lock nut

Reactions: J4Roe

J4Roe

Chair Donkey
Sep 23, 2020
Phoenix
2400 lbs before you hit yield from bearing stress. I'm not sure what reduction factor you would get from the hole expanding but you can go far beyond yield for this bearing stress before you get failure. I think it's safe to say the nut is good for 2400 +/- 1000.
View attachment 230441
I saw the ones that you mentioned but I had plenty of clearance so I just went with the regualr 3/8". I had to spread the tube mounts to compensate for using the tabs but everything came out good. Finished the passenger seat this evening. As always thanks for the input.

J4Roe

Chair Donkey
Sep 23, 2020
Phoenix
Since ruv nuts are a thinner material, if you put a bolt in them and wiggle it around, they can become loose. Not saying it's going to happen on a seat mount, but I'd rather figure out a way to give enough room for my fingers to use a lock nut
I had the room so I just went with the regular tabs. It actually came out decent. Like Dose said, I was pry overthinking it but the last thing I want to fail is the seat to cage connection.

J4Roe

Chair Donkey
Sep 23, 2020
Phoenix
Seat Tubes/Mounts

Thanks to all the input and guidance. I went with the regular 3/8" hole tabs. I shaved the front two tabs on each seat to almost be a corner gusset and to get the mounts as far forward as I could. Shorty is only 5' so the seat needed to be able to come up a bit. All in all the driver and passenger mounts are done and seats look and feel pretty good. A little dump and perfect height so I'm pretty happy. Hopefully these 1/8" tabs will be strong enough. I was thinking about a gusset underneath if need be.

3 TUBES LEFT!!! Let's get it!

- Joe

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds