charlie browns motor swap

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

charlie_brown

OG Member
Aug 10, 2004
OC/BAJA
yea, it is. 1st set i got from plank (now tom at si) the 1st month he started making link kits. he was the 1st shop to make a link kit. i am only on my 3rd set. i have never broken a bolt or bent one. i have only replaced a few just because of assembly/disassembly. upper heims have been changed, lowers are still the 1st set. i forget what year it was...1995-97????

charlie_brown

OG Member
Aug 10, 2004
OC/BAJA
they never have squeaked. runs quiet. i never asked tom about the material. tom is very meticulous. never any 2nd rate in design or material.

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Easton, KS
If your doing bushing front pivots, the outer sleeve needs to be 1/4" wall and wrapped like Charlies.

Then the arms need to be then in cross section so that they flex. This keeps them from killing other parts. Canoe arms do not flex, so a bushing front mount on them will break shit on them.

Reactions: charlie_brown

doyouquaxu

Asshole Member
Feb 12, 2007
Texas
I’d hope not being Helton built/giant motor sports. Even if it was, delrim is the wrong material for how much flex is required in a link pivot.
Truck has way more dirt miles and way more years of existence than this forum does. 13 years and one set of lower links doesn't sound too bad to me. Just because delrin was the wrong material for what you built doesn't mean it's wrong for this extremely proven set up.

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
Truck has way more dirt miles and way more years of existence than this forum does. 13 years and one set of lower links doesn't sound too bad to me. Just because delrin was the wrong material for what you built doesn't mean it's wrong for this extremely proven set up.
same with the "dry wall guy" ranger which the Wilsons have been racing norraa with for years with the same links haha

Reactions: charlie_brown

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds