charlie browns motor swap

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

oorracing

<span style="color: orange;">DR Mod</span>
Jan 15, 2006
Long Beach Ca
same with the "dry wall guy" ranger which the Wilsons have been racing norraa with for years with the same links haha
Not to mention Gary (Actual Drywall Guy) beat the ever living piss out of that ranger for many many years. That truck was stupid fast with Gary driving it and he used it to chase for a lot of big name teams.

A lot more goes into 4-link geometry than just slapping some pivots on a frame and throwing some links up there. You can control how much the axle is thrown side to side under the chassis during articulation via the upper link pivots, and if the axle sways side to side a lot it will be more likely to eat bushing front pivots. That alone is part of the reason why some trucks NEED. A swaybar and some don’t. If the axle swings more side to side under articulation, than the same can be said for the chassis pivoting over the axle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crazyracer

Tres Cuatro Tacos
Sep 27, 2006
Pacific Beach, CA
If every builder stopped doing something whenever another builder said it was a terrible idea, nothing would have even been completed, tested, proven adequate, and implemented for years and years. Run whatever material you want wherever you want. It doesn't matter until it fails.

Btw, you do a great job keeping the truck clean and rust free. I'm jealous for sure!

charlie_brown

OG Member
Aug 10, 2004
OC/BAJA
Always wrenching. Dont think you will ever be done. Once the main build is over.....changes and rebuilds. My pops came by the other day as i was working in the garage and saw my truck striped down and asked "whats broken". I just laughed and said nothing on the truck but i am. Always wrenching.

Getting shocks rebuild and some valving.
Wanted to drive it around the block with it all bumped out but could not make it down the approach.

Attachments

Bertismyname

Oct 1, 2018
San Diego
The sst series is cool. But not as entertaining as the old stadium series racing. Watching those trucks with limited travel bouncing all over was fun as fuck to watch.

charlie_brown

OG Member
Aug 10, 2004
OC/BAJA
its been a while since a update.

steering: the re-install went with no problems. but i wa going to take it in to a shop to make the brackets and install the ram. this got put on hold but its ready.

dropped the truck off at my electrical guy jack at jaxmotorsports.
1, he added some push to talk buttons because i got some new headsets that dont have that button on them (alpha base).
2, then he wired up another fan up front to help with the nid summer heat issues.
3, rewired my steering wheel cord/horn. added another little beep beep horn so 2 horns now.
4, wired up my 9 KC cyclone work lights.
5, and added a nice KC flex light bar up front.
6, had trent at RSP shocks rebuild and re valve all the shocks (thanks to keven at KDM shock technologies for your help). and a completely new spring package. i think over the years i was going the wrong way with what i was trying to do and after some talks with friends an on here, i think i am going in a better direction.
7, i bought some gopro knock offs to get started playing with them. made 3 different mounts. one on the front wheel, one on the rear wheel area, one in the cab.

took the truck out with a buddy a few weeks ago and he brought his drone.

i lost the rear camera in about 2 miles. my mount broke. spent about a hour looking for it. 1 down.
the front is all good but due to my lack of tech skills, the video may never been seen. my buddy with his drone got some good footage but he also forgot to hit the record button when things got really good. rookie.

jump champs practice day for me only due to a family event on sat. then its off to baja for 10 days.

Attachments

Reactions: garrettw and Canks

charlie_brown

OG Member
Aug 10, 2004
OC/BAJA
So i am finally getting around to posting a update on here.
Went to baja with my daughter co riding with me for a 9 day prefun run. The 1st 4 days were spen with mike and his crew (mike_likes_trucks). We had a blast runing through the pine forests and the beach runs.
The 2nd half was mostly r&r time for my daugjter and i. We stayed along rhe pacific side rhe whole time. You can check out mikes post on here amd he gives much better details.

Attachments

Reactions: Drayke

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds