charlie browns motor swap

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

charlie_brown

OG Member
Aug 10, 2004
OC/BAJA
so i have not touch my truck in weeks. been figuring out brake options.

had a few friends send me ideas. thinking of the remote reservoir for the master cylinder. this way i can mount the m/c under the booster up tight and out of the way of anything.

anybody have any experience with this? i found a few company's that make them but most want you to use there m/c. willwood makes a lot but i know quality is not so good.

https://www.mpbrakes.com/accessories/universal-remote-fill-master-cylinder-kits.asp?gclid=Cj0KCQiArdLvBRCrARIsAGhB_sw7vha4PqMZF-0kbUwvktt2tJMLb_VulIWvnjhEXhtUYhTfAOA-Ae0aAvIPEALw_wcB

mean while, i know it will be mounted out of the way so i am starting on the shock mounts as the brake issues continue.

i did get my shop smith wood working stuff out of my garage to my brother-inlaws garage so i can finally set up my plasma cnc table i have had in a box for over a year. or i will just sell it and use the space for a good welding/plasma table.

charlie_brown

OG Member
Aug 10, 2004
OC/BAJA
finally getting some parts and a idea of what i think i am doing. now that the holidays are behind me and m taxes are about done.
i had sano industry modified the ump air filter so the MAP will bolt up to it. i had the weld a "streamer" plate inside to help stop the swirling air so the map will get constant flow. will see how it works. sano also made some custom 90* brake fittings for the MC.
then i modified the brake lines coming into it. still working on the jmar reservoirtruckfront.2.jpgtruckfront.3.jpg mount and lines.
laid out some tubes and have some ideas on upper shock mounts.

Attachments

charlie_brown

OG Member
Aug 10, 2004
OC/BAJA
a little work. keep moving forward.

brakes bled and !00% complete. happy not having to have brake fluid all over me, tools, floor.

air filter fits great and so far no codes thrown yet. but only garage start up so far.

made like 3 sets of upper shock mounts but all had issues with not letting shocks fully cycle, pin in ass to service so i think this is a final. only had time to make the outer mt. inner will be another day.

Attachments

Reactions: DirtFiend602
Jun 4, 2020
Mesa AZ
Currently in the same situation. Doing a motor, tranny harness and PCM swap from a 2000 sohc 4.0 to a 93 ranger. Just sent out the computer to some dude in florida to have the PATs deleted and possibly some tuning. I am also looking and doing some research on a after floor shifter on this 5r55ee tranny and seen some forums of people making there own linkages for a b&m shifter.
-Did you ever figure this out? Also did you come into any problems with the PCM tuning or emissions codes etc...

Reactions: DirtFiend602
Jun 4, 2020
Mesa AZ
^^ never mind, i got a answer from "another" web site.

View attachment 96759View attachment 96760View attachment 96761View attachment 96762

anyways,power steering is finaly done, fuel lines done, will have pictures of the new top plate of my cell with all the stock "quick turn" smog stuff welded on it.
who says you cant put a gate shifter on a 5r55e trans? check that off.
How did you manage to hook up the gate shifter? Is that a art carr? Did you use the cable it came with? Any modification? I am doing a complete swap also from a 2000 4.0 sohc and 5r55e trans. Sent the PCM to gets PATS deleted and possibly some tuning.
Things i need are a floor shifter and removing all the emissions crab and i heard using a fuel rail off a 97 explorer would work because it has the return line built in.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds