Chop Shop Builds

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

P.R.exploder69

Mega Member
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
Software bugs sometimes require power cycle (reboots). You might want to look towards the manufacturer and see if they have any software patches. If not, just power cycle it and call it good.

Thats exactly what i figured, so i didnt stress TOO TOO much about it. i figured that was enough driving it on the street for a few days though. hah
i told my dad i was going to drive it to work today since it ran fine and........ he was like "lets not push it. i think you should just park it back in the back"
damn daddies always knowing whats best. haha

but wait?!?! now im a daddy so that means im always right also?!?!?

hahah
so yeah.

plus, i mean i dont know what it is with the motor or what........ but it has ALWAAAAAAAAYS since the first time i drove it from the OG owner made funky noises and not sounded the 100% best. so anytime it makes a weird noise, or the fuel pump makes a weird noise, or something...... i kinda get worried about something. and id say 75% of the time it turns out to be a problem. hah

then again now that i think about it........... when Willis had it before the alternator took a shit, he said he would trust it anywhere or time as is, so i guess if Willis ok's it, i shouldnt be too worried. hah

Canks

OG Member
Mar 21, 2003
San Diego (Clairemont), CA
so when i first started it and pulled it out of the backyard, seemed fine and everything worked. but when i pulled in the driveway in the front, i noticed that the sniper lcd screen was going kinda wack. it did NOT change anything with how it ran the whole time i was messing with it, but it was as if there was an imaginary finger that would just keep pushing the screen in different places each time. also when i tried to click things, it would work and then the imaginary finger would push something else. it kept going to this screen, then back home, then this screen, blah blah blah. it would stop after a minute or two, then start again. it didnt go any deeper than like 2 screens so it didnt fuck with anything running wise. so i said fuck it, yoga is like 2 minutes down the road. lets go!
What're the chances your TBI only recognizes one version of your conscious and we are literally witnessing a Fight Club as it plays out and your internal Tyler Durden is fucking with you pressing the screen over and over????

Reactions: the bodj

P.R.exploder69

Mega Member
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
What're the chances your TBI only recognizes one version of your conscious and we are literally witnessing a Fight Club as it plays out and your internal Tyler Durden is fucking with you pressing the screen over and over????
My TBI makes -.09111111 sense of that ENTIRE post. Hahahahah

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

P.R.exploder69

Mega Member
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
Just drove this thing around town a little bit and......

Sitting parked and idling, it died 2 times at friends houses, then twice while I was coasting to a stop at probably under 5mph.....

Started back up and no problems, that I could tell.
I've been trying to make sure the SD card is always clicked all the way in, also. Doesn't seem like that's been a problem since I brought it home from Willis'.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

P.R.exploder69

Mega Member
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
(just figured out that this could be a log for my memory also, if i put down EVERYTHING that happens with it. not like i care if any of you fucks know, just for my horrid memory retardation issues)
Just talked to Willis about it all, and he reminded me that when it left his house it was running great and i drove it a shit load with no issues and then took it to the dunes and the alternator took a shit, then we started fucking with the fuses and relays and all of that, and he thinks that we could of maybe switched something on the screen on accident or something like that. So once Holley opens back up im gonna call them and see wtf the issue is.

also, i should note that when Smitty was done with the wiring and what not, he put a panel back in and pinched the main wire to the sniper lcd screen. we know this because it went to Willis afterwards and he found it and called to tell me. he said that when he fucked with the wire right in the spot it was pinched, it would die.

so theres that also.

i dont fucking know
not gonna give up on this thing, but now a days....... i have no expectations of it ever running 110% that way i dont get mad when it does break the fuck down.

P.R.exploder69

Mega Member
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
SO, its going back to Willis' today at sometime today so that he can fuck with it next week.

been shitty because iv'e been so overwhelmed with everything else in my schedule; work and the gym and my new girllyyyfriend.... i've honestly forgotten about this thing. but hopefully i figure it the fuck out before the season is over............... Willis has a feeling something with the LCD screen got changed or we might have switched something blah blah blah when the alternator took a shit.

Reactions: ucd baja

P.R.exploder69

Mega Member
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
Brought it out to Willis' and he swears the random dying issue is one of the batteries.

My debit card disagreed with that fucking answer. Hah.

So my dad swears that his new battery refurbisher works so, he's trying to wake another and if not I'll get a new Optima and other than that I need to get a new carrier bearing, make/get new plug wires, drain/flush all the Evans coolant shit and just put 50/50 back in it and then get new plug wires. probably the build it yourself MSD set.

Dare I fucking say then it SHOOOOOUUULLDD be good to go again.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds