Chop Shop Builds

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

P.R.exploder69

Mega Member
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
nice dude. dont go pullin fuses out and everything should be good!
Haha. I will try my best.

I've decided that I'm not going to post any updates that say it's doing good or bad because I will just jinx it, like always. Hah.
so, just know if I post pictures of it somewhere else besides my driveway, that means it's running. Haha

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

P.R.exploder69

Mega Member
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
So, I drove it around a bunch Monday and...... The way I look at it is, I already jynxed it by filling the gas tank up because I had drove it around all day and figured it was going to be good and that is why it fucked up....

Drove the Dodge to the gym early in the morning, then back to my dad's to pick up the ranger and drove it to rehab, then to my grandpa's grave to visit, then back to the gym, then to my haircut place, then to a local locksmith to ask about getting door keys made, finally to my local car detail/wash place to get the inside all clean and wiped down, then home.
It ran great until I left the locksmith in the afternoon..... Then it started acting kind of weird and intermittent with acting weird.....
At low RPMS if I would step on it, it would act flooded and crapppp out until stayed in it for a minute then it would clear out.
Got home and had my dad go with me around the block a few times and it only crapped out on me once or twice but then when we got back to the house and pulled it in the back and my dad grabbed the LCD sniper screen to watch it.... It started going NUTTTSSSOOOO again. Like worse than before. As if someone was randomly touching the screen a thousand times in every which way direction but it didn't affect I hope it was running or anything.......?¿?¿

Tried calling Willis to explain all that to him but, he is probably so busy doing badass work on Loggie Bears truck he doesn't have time to talk about my P O fucking S.......

P.R.exploder69

Mega Member
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
Can I just add that I did not post any pictures that say it runs good now, or anything like that so that I didn't jinx it..... aaaannndddd, I still did
Fucking Gort luck, I swear

P.R.exploder69

Mega Member
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
Willis is telling me to send the EFI back and see whats up. My dad said that he told us to do that before, we just didnt. Assuming he/you mean the LCD screen thing that just plugs in???

my dad said well unplug it, look up the receipts and stuff, and call them to make sure we can send it back and stuff because he said it should still be under warranty.

so thats the next step in this FUCKING thing...........

P.R.exploder69

Mega Member
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
Ok soooooooooooo....

not sure where i left off on updates but as of right now, it doesnt seem to be dying really.
Like it was doing.

we changed the battery connections and the EFI pos/neg go STRAIGHT to the battery
(even though it was wired the ABSOLUTELY correct/trophy truck style way before)
but that was the ONLY thing Holley would tell us to do,
assuming they thought it was some backyard hack fabber installing it)
but now it seems to run rough at lower RPMs. theres times when it runs 100% fine and then 5 minutes later it will run like shit and clog up at lower RPMs.

but at times... it would start to shit out, then if i punched it and foot to the floor, it would clear out and sound/run fine........

for example... the other day i drove it to yoga and it would NOT clear out the entire way there. so i just limped it there. when i left yoga (after banging all the hot bitches in yoga pants) it was still running rough, whatever. stopped to pick up dinner and then when i left to go home from there........... RAN TITTIES EVEN AT LOW RPMS.

as far as the LCD screen when it does start to crap out/clog up the Air Fuel Ratio goes crazy, way up and way down.

so we thought maybe the O2 sensors, so my dad pulled them and this is what they look like but my dad said right when he took it out they were full of soot (not sure how you spell that???) and shit crapped out when he pulled the last threads out.........

a new O2 sensor is like $75 or something, Willis doesnt think that could be it and he said they should be all black like that but, what my dad was wondering if its bad because a bunch of shit fell out when he took it out, plus it wasnt just black that wiped right off, he said it was "soot and shit"......

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPP MMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE DR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think that even if i did buy a fucking $200k truck, it would still have as many stupid issues because........ "Gort Luck" god damnttttttttttttt

Attachments

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
im with willis. Not the O2's.

i would lean more towards a bad MAP sensor. no fucking clue where it is on that setup but if you or your dad can find it and take pics of where its at and how the vac hose is routed to it (if it is setup that way), that might help.

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds